Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

If I were going to plant in pots, is one plant per 5 gallon better than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bix

I have a small handfull of very large pots, ie 30+ gallon about 2' across.

I had considered put 2-3 plants into those large pots, would it be better to just keep the plants singly in 5 gallon pots?

Thanks!
Bix

Fisherman

Good question. I am planning to grow 200-300 plants in 5 gallon buckets and grow bags also.
Im having problems finding info on type of soil to use. I want one heavy in peat so i can bottom irrigate in a rain gutter type system.

jekylnz

I have a small handfull of very large pots, ie 30+ gallon about 2' across.

I had considered put 2-3 plants into those large pots, would it be better to just keep the plants singly in 5 gallon pots?

Thanks!
Bix

I grew alot of mine pretty close together this year( some 15cm apart) they still grew 8ft tall and just grow around each other,I couldn't notice any restriction in growth compared to others with 1m space apart,I would put three in each,otherwise that alot of potting mix you'll b using there

leverhead

I grew alot of mine pretty close together this year( some 15cm apart) they still grew 8ft tall and just grow around each other,I couldn't notice any restriction in growth compared to others with 1m space apart,I would put three in each,otherwise that alot of potting mix you'll b using there

What size containers did you use?

jekylnz

That was in the ground,but they didn't penetrate very deap either,the topsoil was only about a foot deep then pretty hard under that,they still went crazy,now after harvesting the majority,the shorter younger ones are coming through.
It initially happened from throwing VG seed straight in the garden,I did thin&spead some of them out but there was still alot within a pretty limited space....about 50 plants in a 3m by .7m(700mm) space by my footpath.and the majority wer 6-8 ft tall!!besides about 10 still up and coming throughDSC_0453.jpg

Seanz

That was in the ground,but they didn't penetrate very deap either,the topsoil was only about a foot deep then pretty hard under that,they still went crazy,now after harvesting the majority,the shorter younger ones are coming through.
It initially happened from throwing VG seed straight in the garden,I did thin&spead some of them out but there was still alot within a pretty limited space....about 50 plants in a 3m by .7m(700mm) space by my footpath.and the majority wer 6-8 ft tall!!besides about 10 still up and coming throughView attachment 3859

Did you get much leaf damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.