Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Can someone help suggest a blend with what I just got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

find the list of leaf I just got here....

What a great variety of leaves I hope to roll into some enjoyable sticks soon ...
2006 Aleman Oscuro
Nic Habano Seco
Brazilian Mata Fina
'98 Criollo Ligero
Piloto Cubano Viso
Bezuki
Redtip Burley
and Ky Fire Cured, very smoky smelling, makes me hungry

someone please tell me how to blend these

I also still have a good amount of Dom Binder

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:

ArizonaDave

Oh, you have Dom. Binder? Good!

Aleman Oscuro as a wrapper OR Dark Fire Cured
Dom. Binder
Nic. Hab. Seco ½
Piloto Cubano Viso ½ or ⅓
½ leaf Braz. Mata Fina OR
1 leaf Red Tip burley

Smokin Harley

Thanks again Dave. I'm guessing by the very powerful aroma of the KFC (smells like my favorite Alabama BBQ sauce !)that its probably a good thing I kept my original humidor . I dont think I want that flavor all over in the big box.

HIM

I'd be tempted to put together something like...

1 Criollo 98 ligero
1 Piloto viso
1/2 Mata Fina
2 Nic Habano seco
Dom Binder
Aleman Oscuro

Its pretty close to one of my first blends except I used a broadleaf maduro wrapper and Nic Habano viso because I didn't have any piloto. Its a pretty good smoke but think subbing in the piloto would actually make the blend better.

ArizonaDave

Thanks again Dave. I'm guessing by the very powerful aroma of the KFC (smells like my favorite Alabama BBQ sauce !)that its probably a good thing I kept my original humidor . I dont think I want that flavor all over in the big box.

I use a glass Jar (5 gallon). Yes, it has that Hickory/Maple/Smokey smell :)

webmost

It is a very penetrating odor. They will stink up the whole joint if you don't separate them. I keep my fire cured cigars in their separate box, wrapped in cling wrap, inside a coolidor. Used to keep them in a small humidor I scored second hand; but I use that for UPs now. Took a week to air that box out after I removed them; and months for the trace odor of fire cured to disappear.

Tell you what, our FTT brother deluxe sent me some fire cured Shiraz that I can't even feature how to roll it up. Smells to good as is without burning. I just like to snurf the bag.

Do not smoke a fire cured stogie indoors.

Smokin Harley

I try to do my smoking outdoors . Even though my wife says she doesn't mind if I want to smoke indoors I'd rather not smoke up the house .If I get the urge for a stick and its too cold or windy I head out to the garage .

Smokin Harley

I was "on a roll" today...Rolled a few out of the supply and after 5 decent long fillers went for making some scrappers ,13 in all. LF's turned out were 48 ring basic 3 leaf recipe with 1/2 mata fina, 1 Nic Habano seco and 1 piloto Cubano viso ...binder was red tip burley ,wrapped with one of three including 2 Oscuro, 2 Nic Habano and 1 Bezuki. Oscuro has a very nice reddish hued tan even color ,Bezuki almost a candela and the nic Habano makes an interesting dark"aged"foot with a dark colorado main color, made 8 Scrappers which were whatever I had in the scrap bag and bound with fire cured, red tip burley and dom . For binder I used the inside of the leaf which was cut off for good smooth wrapper ,just big enough to bind a "backwoods" sized smoke then wrapped in the same as the long fillers,just the scrap inside arc of the good leaf. I tried the microwave thing to try a scrapper right away and I wont do that again. 20 seconds was too much and kind of got a burnt inner tube smell/taste ...I'll just let them mellow and age on their own from now on.

Smokin Harley

I had a really good day even though we're experiencing some of our finest Illinois winter weather (sarcasm). I had some garage time and decided to grab one of the scrappers I just rolled the other day since its cold and I didnt want to spend a lot of time freezing my cajones off to enjoy an hour long ,long leaf stick,I'm saving those for warmer weather when I can sit out on the front porch with a cocktail and actually enjoy it. I chose one of the Aleman Oscuro wrapped little ones. I have to say I really like the mouth taste of the Oscuro. Kind of reminds me of the Habano wrappers on the NUB's .A little bit toothy in texture. It also seems to lay down a nice even colored slightly sweet wrapper. One thing I noticed about the scrap blend which was a mixed bag full of everything I've ever used from a long sliver like wrapper cut off to a chopped up piece that just happened to nestle its way into a spot ,it had a slight rubber tire aroma during the smoke. I can't tell which leaf it could be from. Any guesses? Fire cured maybe?

Matty

Rubber tire?? Possibly the Aleman, if it had gotten too wet and started offgassing again. The Aleman, although a nice leaf, I found to have some fairly strong odors if "abused" and not given time to rectify itself. Can't say I ever experienced burnt rubber but I've had strong ammonia, wet dog and urine smells coming off a few "rushed" cigars.

ArizonaDave

I had a really good day even though we're experiencing some of our finest Illinois winter weather (sarcasm). I had some garage time and decided to grab one of the scrappers I just rolled the other day since its cold and I didnt want to spend a lot of time freezing my cajones off to enjoy an hour long ,long leaf stick,I'm saving those for warmer weather when I can sit out on the front porch with a cocktail and actually enjoy it. I chose one of the Aleman Oscuro wrapped little ones. I have to say I really like the mouth taste of the Oscuro. Kind of reminds me of the Habano wrappers on the NUB's .A little bit toothy in texture. It also seems to lay down a nice even colored slightly sweet wrapper. One thing I noticed about the scrap blend which was a mixed bag full of everything I've ever used from a long sliver like wrapper cut off to a chopped up piece that just happened to nestle its way into a spot ,it had a slight rubber tire aroma during the smoke. I can't tell which leaf it could be from. Any guesses? Fire cured maybe?

I would assume it got too wet like Matty said? Although it could be a combination that doesn't gel properly too?

By the way, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Tuck Cutter you made! Saves a lot of time when rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.