Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tuck cutter spare parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
WLT cutter: http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Fujima-70-Gauge-Double-Blade-Cigar-Cutter-CUT70.htm

I've used a similar cigar cutter as a tuck cutter for several years. Although the stainless blades need occasional cleaning, they never require sharpening. Also, you may be able to utilize the blades in your tuck cutter. Just a thought.

Bob

EDIT: The advantage of a true tuck cutter is its ability to cut a series of cigars to the exact same length.

Floppy2

Sounds like you may need a little blacksmith work. Cast iron! Wow. A skilled blacksmith could make a new blade for you and add to the mouth of the cutter as you have it in the diagram.

bjr

Smokin Harley

not so much a blacksmith but rather someone who can cut out the exact shapes in sheet steel and temper them properly. I'm guessing a simple heat with an oil quench ,sharpen and hone takes care of the edge.

tullius

I just bought one of these too, but the lower blade and associated thumb screw is missing. @MarcL graciously supplied a great dwg. and several pics of his lower blade: going to fab it out of an old saw blade. Will probably make another upper star blade while I'm at it to have a spare. Will post pics and progress. @rainmax , if you're still on here and still need one be glad to make two if you can still use it and handle the shipping-

IMG_20200306_114242619.jpg

tullius

Here it is all cleaned up with new lower blade made from a piece of an old handsaw. Decided I didn't need the small diameter cutter: had my fill of file work for today. Quick slapped it on this piece of wood and bunched ten edmundos to try it out. It works great! Had to tuck a piece of folded up foil up behind the star cutter to get it to cut flawlessly. There is something very final in the feel and sound of it working.
IMG_20200308_105246480.jpgIMG_20200308_105317057.jpgIMG_20200308_105344362.jpgIMG_20200308_105605609.jpgIMG_20200308_105641091.jpg
*Many thanks again to @MarcL for his kind help in finding and repairing this fine tool*

waikikigun

Here it is all cleaned up with new lower blade made from a piece of an old handsaw. Decided I didn't need the small diameter cutter: had my fill of file work for today. Quick slapped it on this piece of wood and bunched ten edmundos to try it out. It works great! Had to tuck a piece of folded up foil up behind the star cutter to get it to cut flawlessly. There is something very final in the feel and sound of it working.
View attachment 29809View attachment 29810View attachment 29811View attachment 29812View attachment 29813
*Many thanks again to @MarcL for his kind help in finding and repairing this fine tool*
That's slick as hell, Slick. Nice job. You nailed it on the head with that sense of finality from the sound and action when you bring down the blade. It's like slamming down an auctioneer's gavel on a completed sale. Doubles or triples the fun of finishing a cigar, signaling the end of an extremely long process from seed to that moment, involving 100s of people who did the best they could. Clack-boom! Done.

tullius

Not sure, as I never heard back if he still needed one. His post about needing it was several years old, guessing he already got it handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.