Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

high standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

dclark.jpg

Some guys are self-deprecating because they set themselves such high standards. I reckon that must be the case with our new FTT brother Birage, who sent me these four most excellently skillfully hand rolled creations, with a lengthy note to say what a poor roller he conceives himself to be. You make the call. Firm throughout; punched in the cap; easy draw; shiny skins; consistent dimensions. Nice robustos.

Got veins going round the barrels rather than along the staves, is the worst I can say. Easily remedied. No deal breaker.

They smell damn Pennsylvania maduro, I can tell you that. I look forward to a toasty experience here, so as they rest up to reach proper case.

My mail box has been busy these days.

Birage

Thanks guys. I have only been on this forum for a short while and have already learned a bunch (pun intended) of good tips for improving my rolling, blending, etc.,etc. from the gracious forum members here. I suppose I tend to compare my sticks to those pretty cigars that the pros put out, but if I was already perfect at doing this I wouldn't have any fun learning and improving. Like they say if you are at the top there is no other place to go but down! I have to admit though, some wrappers just look nicer than others no matter how good you roll! Now to try the entubado method that I never knew about!

Smokin Harley

Theres something to be said about hand made...another to be hand made by yourself. As long as it tastes and smokes well, appearance is just tertiary at best. We are our own worst critic and thats good, it means we're always looking to improve ourselves. Keep rolling my friend. Those smokes are tasty looking

BarG

Founding Member
There aint nothin wrong with rolling your own cigar, I will always say! It's not hard to do and all it realy takes is some good leaf and a little perseverence. I'm new at it and grew a number of varietys for filler and wrapper to get started and learn. It helps to have the leaf offered by WLT quite often well aged also to add the robust and great flavors. I always smoke mine upon rolling , and although I have a humidor it has yet to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.