Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mata Fina

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

Although I can't get my translator to give me an American equivalent, I believe "Mata Fina" could mean "Fine Mat" or maybe even something along the lines of prized stack of flattened leaf. Either way, it imparts a flavor into a Cigar like no other leaf. It would be nice to have a milder version as well, for filler's sake.
I always keep this in my regular rotation. The next time it comes in, I'd like to stock up a bit :)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Although I can't get my translator to give me an American equivalent, I believe "Mata Fina" could mean "Fine Mat" or maybe even something along the lines of prized stack of flattened leaf. Either way, it imparts a flavor into a Cigar like no other leaf. It would be nice to have a milder version as well, for filler's sake.
I always keep this in my regular rotation. The next time it comes in, I'd like to stock up a bit :)

http://www.cigarinspector.com/cigar-wrappers-a-z/mata-fina

ArizonaDave

Mata Fina is from Brazil where they speak Portuguese. The literal translation to English of Mata Fina "thin forest". Mata Fina is a southern region in Brazil where the tobacco is grown opposed to Mata Norte which is a tobacco growing region in the north.

http://www.brasilbar.com/blog/archives/brazil-cigar-tobacco-regions

That is an incredible link! So much so, that I had to save it! Thanks for clearing up the language. I knew there were different dialects of Latin languages in SA, I couldn't remember "which".

ArizonaDave

Old#12

Dondford, Anyone step up to get you some Mata Fina? It only take a half leaf or less for each cigar. Send a PM with address and I'll send you some. #12

Status
Not open for further replies.