Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

my seeds for the next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuditch

Well my first crop of leaves is being harvested and I am very excited over it. My first crop has been Cowboy Light and Golden yellow Light Burly.
Has been a learning curve and fun. Didn't remove the suckers from the first plants in but learnt my mistake there. Have air dried and then fermented some leaf in prototype kiln and has worked great. My wife is impressed with the smokeable quality of what we have made and she is using a Powermatic Mini and tubes. Have a shredder that clamps to the table for shredding but not that excited over it and thinking will get the Powermatic Shredder but will need to get a transformer as well to take our 240V to 110V.
For next season which for me will be getting my seeds started in September have accumulated what I hope will be a nice variety to make mild to medium cigars and even better cigarettes for my wife.
Varieties of seeds I have are
Florida Sumatra
Goose Creek Red
Catterton
Thompson
Rot Front
Adonis
Little Dutch
Havana 503B
NB 11
And the Cowboy Light and the Golden Light Burly
I have had one go at rolling a cigar with some of the leaf I have fermented. It looked fine but I thought a little loose but then it dried and you would need the lungs of a blue whale to draw any smoke through it so more work reading and practice for me.

This year I am growing 120 plants next year the aim will be to plant 300.

Great site and I enjoy reading the posts

DGBAMA

Getting a satisfactory finished product your first year can be a challenge by itself. Well done and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Gotta love that 240 voltage..i had my first dose of it in germany holding a shoe shining brush electric....when i hit the switch it came alive and spun 10 times faster that it was supposed to..then blew up and caught fire.lol

I had a adapter plug and thats all.,didnt know the voltage was higher there..

Learned that lesson real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.