Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Question on a few strains

Status
Not open for further replies.

USHOG

I have grow Connecticut broadleaf and really enjoyed it but I would like to know what the differences between PA broadleaf and Connecticut shade as I have not grown these before. Do they grow the same, cure, taste? I would assume all but taste are similar. Thanks ahead of time

Joe

USHOG

So does the taste change in Connecticut shade if it is grown in full sun or does it just get thicker leaves from the full sun?

HIM

I may be off here but my understanding is the taste isn't going to necessarily change the tobacco is just more robust.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I grew mine in my shade tent so the leaf was very elastic and had that classic "cat pee" smell. I would think that growing it under the sun would change the flavor slightly due to the thicker leaf. Since I am in no way a cigar connoisseur (aka cigar snob) I probably would not notice any difference.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My single-season attempt at growing CT Shade in full-sun was not successful. The leaf was small, thick, rugose with ruffled leaf margins, and generally unsuitable for use as wrapper. I can't remember if it smelled like the shade-grown CT Shade.

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I have not made cigars but maybe I can be to some help.. Just like Bob tell, Connecticut shade do not like to grow in full-sun, the Broadleaf seems to make that thing better. If shade or broadleaf taste different grown in shadow? Not wat I put in mind.. But I can actually make some "Cigarillos" of some and let my neighbor smoke and tell..
sorry but PA Broadleaf have I never grown..
And if I have to choose between Connecticut Broadleaf and Shade would I choose Broadleaf but remember I have never make a cigars..

Cigar

I like Ct Broadleaf for great binder.and on CT Shade only the 5th and 6th primings I like for wrapper but Im more medium-full kinds cigar smoker

Ciagr

Status
Not open for further replies.