Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Movie Critics Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Don't know what I'm doing, but then, that has never stopped me, so I made a couple quick vids and posted them to youtube, Easy enough to make. Willing to do them over.

I read a lot of people lamenting how they are struggling to wrap a perfecto. So I made a vid showing how I wrap an Uppowoc Perfecto quick and easy:

I think that's the easy part,. Bunching the dang thing is the challenge. I also read where people are wondering what to do with their scrap. What scrap? I ask. So I made a video about bunching the Uppowoc Perfecto, again quick;ly and easily, and concentrating on how not to create scrap in the first place:

Easy enough to record the vids. Willing, as I say, to do them over again. I just need some critics to tell me what I need to include, exclude, or do a better job at. These links at YouTube are not published. Right now they are only available via these links on FTT So I can easily do them over if you have suggestions how to improve them. But listen: If you only suggestion is remove the corny jokes, well, that, I don't know how to do. Everything else is fair game, tho. So please take a gander and tell me what you think they need.

TIA 4 your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie G.

I'm not a critic but they are both two great videos. You explained every move you made very clearly and slowly. And it all made great sense.
I have learned a few tricks from them, and I also kind of like the corny stuff. One point that might be added for anyone with out a mold is to wrap the binded cigar with a newspaper strip to help hold the shape if needed till dry and ready to put the wrapper on. Just something I do to help shape a cigar. You make a good point of showing how to roll over the finished wrapped cigar to smooth the wrapper out.
I think you have found your true calling as a film maker. Keep making videos. A big thanks for doing this.

Ben Brand

Very good and thank you very much!!
I`m one off those who struggles my backside off to wrap a perfecto. Now I see where I make my mistake, I wrap the damn thing from the wrong side. I always thought you light the thick side???? So I start at the thick side!!! When my tobacco`s ready I will give it another go.
Thanks for the videos and for the trouble of enlightening us on perfecto wrapping.
Ben

chuditch

That was fantastic instructional videos. I am going to be saving these to try to follow along as I attempt to roll. Well done and I don't think you need to show this is how to remove the vein and that sort of thing lots of videos on that around. I did like how easy you make it seem but I am willing to bet you have made a heap of those in your day. And I did laugh at some of the corny jokes especially the one about you shouldn't be using sharp tools wait till your mummy gets home. Thank you for posting.

dondford

5 Stars! Great video, you took much of the Perfecto mystery out but I suspect much practice is needed to make it easy as you make it appear. this video gives me hope I can some day roll this difficult shape.
Thanks,
D

bonehead

those were some of the best videos i watched. i really liked when you said don't worry about this and that and later explained why. when i roll i now know i worry about to much after watching you. thankyou

darren1979

First Time Grower
Very nice videos. Your a natural in front of the camera. I have yet to try rolling a perfecto but the videos will give me some good guidance.

Cigar

wow webmost..you are 1000x above me on rolling my hats off to you Sir..the only thing I question is were you get wrapper leaf that big and nice?? I have bought many tobacco leaf but none that huge and perfect yet? again great videos Sir

Cigar

webmost

wow webmost..you are 1000x above me on rolling my hats off to you Sir..the only thing I question is were you get wrapper leaf that big and nice?? I have bought many tobacco leaf but none that huge and perfect yet? again great videos Sir

Cigar

All my baccy comes from WholeLeafTobacco. Thought I plugged Don's site somewheres in the blather. Just can't speak highly enough about Don's stuff.

That habano is some tremendous wrapper for the purpose. Thin, yet elastic, and with a great smooth flavor. My favorites right now are the Scrappowoc Perfectos I roll from wrapper scrap. Just about three Uppowocs makes enough wrapper scrap for one Scrappowoc. Once I settle on what to throw in there for flavoring leaf, I'm sure these will be my special occasion smokes; and then I will need to schedule special occasions on a regular basis. National Waffle Day? Pull out a Scrapowwoc. Anniversary of the invention of paper clips? Light up a Scrapowwoc. Took a good satisfying dump? Switch the fan on and spark a Scrapowwoc. Looking to salt away a box of these bad boys ASAP. Course, they do have burn probs, since they are made from veiny inner leaf stuff, and that stuff was flattened out smooth. But they're worth the puffin, I tell you.

I'll look back over both vids to ensure I mention WLT. The newspaper suggestion I can't speak to since I have never done it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

webmost

Never posted a YouTube vid before. Dunno how it works. I got a comment emailed from YouTube from someone calls himselp "estanquero". These vids are only sposed to be available from FTT. Who here is estanquero?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Never posted a YouTube vid before. Dunno how it works. I got a comment emailed from YouTube from someone calls himselp "estanquero". These vids are only sposed to be available from FTT. Who here is estanquero?

It is not available on Youtube, but anyone visiting FTT can view it here or on Youtube. If they view it on Youtube via the link, they can leave a comment on on Youtube.

If you want FTT to host the vids, let me know. I'll have the guru do it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Great videos. The camera angle is ideal for showing the fine details of what you're doing. And of course, I like the simplicity mantra.

In addition to the visual and verbal information, I particularly like the sound of the filler's state of case--its moisture content--in the bunching video. At 5:40, and more obviously between 7:00 and 7:20, I can hear the sound of the leaf. I would identify that as "low case," or crackly but not crumbly. When the filler sounds like that, I've found it nearly impossible to roll a cigar that doesn't draw. Also, when the filler sounds like that, the finished cigar won't require many days to many weeks in order to dry out enough to smoke.

Bob

LewZephyr

Great Videos. Very Descriptive. Made something that appeared complicated, simple.
Really enjoyed your no fuss method and your candor. Especially your trip down where measurements come from.
Nothing wrong with a little segue, especially if it brings substance to the subject at "hand" (see what I did there?).

Thanks for the video.

Gdaddy

Excellent and easy to understand. We share the same simplistic approach to the entubado bunching method. I also like the size of the rollers hand is a natural measurement tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.