Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

post roll sit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

I have a question about after the rolling . The other day as you all may well know I rolled a few nice sticks as pictured in "Pics of your sticks II" . They looked excellent as I think I am slowly improving my technique. However, I let them sit out a day to dry . The next day I put them in my humidor and today I notice the wrappers look a little wrinkled like they actually took up some moisture. Our house is very dry and the general humidity of the house sits at 50--55% on the regular . The humi is a chore to maintain at an optimal 70% in the winter because of this and as a result the humi sits at 63-67% winter humidity . Should I let the fresh rolled sticks sit out longer ?

LewZephyr

This is just my thinking due to my rolling process.
I leave my sticks out in the air sitting on a bed of scrap tobacco (I like the way it looks) for a couple of days before going to the humidor.
I say a couple 3 or 4 days to be more exact.
My binder is a little damp, but my wrapper is WET when I apply them.
My thoughts on what may be happening on your drying process, thinking of how mine is cased.
Your day sitting out.. moisture is dissipating to the air, but it is also migrating to the center to normalize the RH in the area.
When you put the sticks in the Humi, the wrapper binder, are now still at a higher RH then the Humi so now the normalization is moving back through the wrapper, making it wet again?

Ok that's just me conjecturing on stuff (or just making shit up... its what I do). But I always leave my sticks out for 3 - 4 days, and let em rest in the humi for another 5. I actually see my RH spike in the humi a little bit when I put the new sticks in.

Well good luck.

DIY Pete

When I roll the sticks they sit in the mold for 8-ish hours before I apply the wrapper. After I apply the wrapper they go strait into my desktop humi. I use 2 65% Boveda packs in it. They sit in that humi for a minimum of 1 month before they go into the wine fridge where all my cigars sit until I spark em up.

Not that any of this answers your question:rolleyes:

Pete

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I roll a couple at a time. One gets smoked immediately and one gets put in the humidor for later. My wrapper is also wet when I roll, filler crackly but not crumbly. I'm a daily cigarette smoker and occasional cigar smoker. My cigars look like crap but always smoke good.

Status
Not open for further replies.