Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

selling your baccy at the flea-market,,and seeds<thoughts<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im seriuouslly thinking of setting up at the flea-market come october of this year,,, with hands of maybe 15 leaves per hand,,,

and some seeds, for sell,,,of course i'll have a copy of the law, for those that may be intrested?

and see just how many bites i have on purchasing thier own baccy,,,,

ive actually set-up my grow area a little bigger than personal consumption for this purpose,,,

anyone have any feedback, of knowing or hearing of someone doing this,,, in a swappers enviorment,,i.e. FLEA-MARKET,

i figure i will start at 15 leaves for 5 bucks, and increase the price per weight,,,

it's a 12 dollar fee for a booth,,,, so im not out much money,,, if it's a fail

but i believe people will buy the product,,,vs,,,,the price of processed store bought baccy,,

and i may have a couple of SAMPLE MADE CIGGS FOR THE CUSTOMER TO TRY<

////////////////////////////

thought's ???????:confused:

Daniel

Banned
People are going to have a very long list of questions. Manly how many packs can they make from 15 leaves? Can it be smoked right away? etc.
One important thing I think whole leaf sellers need to know is how many cigarettes does 1 lb of whole leaf actually make.
1 lb of whole leaf does not equal 1 lb of rolling tobacco. it losses a lot of weight when it gets dried out enough to roll.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
questions<

i have answers,,,lol..

and i think the price of smokes are so high,,,,,that a discount price on baccy will sell itself,

Tman

I think you got a great idea there Chicken if you can keep the goverment out of it :( Let us know how that works out for ya. I might try that myself.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I can read the headlines now " CHICKEN ARESTED AND CHARGED WITH ILLEGAL TOBACCO AND FAKE GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS "
The police will probably throw you in the chicken coop before they read how legal selling whole leaf is .

I say go for it .

im seriuouslly thinking of setting up at the flea-market come october of this year,,, with hands of maybe 15 leaves per hand,,,

and some seeds, for sell,,,of course i'll have a copy of the law, for those that may be intrested?

and see just how many bites i have on purchasing thier own baccy,,,,

ive actually set-up my grow area a little bigger than personal consumption for this purpose,,,

anyone have any feedback, of knowing or hearing of someone doing this,,, in a swappers enviorment,,i.e. FLEA-MARKET,

i figure i will start at 15 leaves for 5 bucks, and increase the price per weight,,,

it's a 12 dollar fee for a booth,,,, so im not out much money,,, if it's a fail

but i believe people will buy the product,,,vs,,,,the price of processed store bought baccy,,

and i may have a couple of SAMPLE MADE CIGGS FOR THE CUSTOMER TO TRY<

////////////////////////////

thought's ???????:confused:

O.S.O.K.

Man, its sad how beaten-down by our government goons we are. And we seem to accept this... I'm not accusing anybody - I'm also concerned about having to deal with the govt. goons that might take interest.

But it's sad.

Chicken - I would think that a "farmer's market" would be better? People are coming there looking for healthier and better value to start with. And they are usually a weekly event.

I've given thought to the "smoke shops" in the area where I'm moving too. Seems every town above a certain population has one - could probably make a weekly route to sell 10-20 of them easily. That would be better IMHO - but may put the batfe on you quicker...

I can certainly imagine the conversations about legality....

taxedenuf

Hi Jim
What i would do is set up a pick your own baccy field.Let em come in and pick your baccy like hornworms.You have no control what they do with it but it's not your problem.I would say .50 cents a pound would be good price.On average i'm guessin it takes about 50lbs green to equal 1 lb cured so,you would end up with 25 bucks a pound.They would think their gettin a steal.

Mark

Boboro

The goon you will be have to deal with is Ann waterbury of the MS.tax commission. Everytime I say something about growing my own tobbaaco at the bacco store you would think I took a crap in the floor.When you get here let me know if I can help in any way. I sell roof trusses for sheds and barns for $10 a piece. Overrun trailer tops.

Daniel

Banned
I had the couple that are loaning us there land suggest we try to offer our tobacco through a local shop that specializes in local products. Local farm and garden, home brewed beer, meet produces etc. It is called the Great Basin Wine and Brewery but I guess they sell a lot more there than just spirits. If this year turns out to be a winner for growing we may very well have a source to sell extra whole leaf in following years. This is not a farmers market but a full time store front. We will see how that all works out.

Boboro

The trusses in the roof of a trailer house top. 2 BY 2 TRUSSES. Made for the mobile home industry.High quality stuff. I dont know why they build so many more than they need. but these are a steal and we have a lot of them.

Daniel

Banned
Boboro, Ya'll think "2X2" and "quality" belong there all in teh same comment? JK;)

Boboro

If you live in a mobile home thats wnats whats over your head. These are vsaey tuff ave yousd them for 15 years and had no problems.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
On average i'm guessin it takes about 50lbs green to equal 1 lb cured so,you would end up with 25 bucks a pound.

Mark

"Leaf Yield" is the green weight of freshly harvested leaf and "yield" is the dry/cured weight. The difference is typically 9 to 1 by weight, but 2 to 1 and 28 to 1 are the extremes. Here are a couple of examples. Scroll down to the bottom of the observations to see the numbers.

Tobaquillo

Paulista

Goludo, nearly 2 to 1

No. 357 28 to 1

O.S.O.K.

The goon you will be have to deal with is Ann waterbury of the MS.tax commission. Everytime I say something about growing my own tobbaaco at the bacco store you would think I took a crap in the floor.When you get here let me know if I can help in any way. I sell roof trusses for sheds and barns for $10 a piece. Overrun trailer tops.

Sounds like she needs a letter from a lawyer... just what is she basing her harrasment on? And why the tax commission? This is an agricultural product. The best way to deal with govt types is to go "armed" with a lawyer...

And you say just mentioning "growing your own"???? Seriously? She needs an education. That, or Miss. law is different? What?

Boboro

The way I understould it is if you grow your own your ok but if you sell it it comes under the tax com. Like wine or wiskey and beer.I beleave she made a uneducated statment. A phone call mite clear that up. The growing your own was mentioned in the tobacco shop. They think it illegal.

BarG

Founding Member
Go for it Chicken, we can always take donations to post your bail. Try having a simple demo for processing and rolling, and remember you might need a tax # for state taxes.

Last edited:

CaryNC

He won't need a tax # for his purposes. I lived a stones throw from where he is and I did the flea market thing there (produce). Just have to claim income on your regular tax form at the end of the year.

Chicken: I am sure you will get at least one person a day telling you "That's ILLEGAL!", to which you need to reply, "so? Call a cop". The law is on your side and there is nothing anybody can do about it.... at least for now anyway. Trying to educate someone like that is similar to administering medicine to the dead.

BarG

Founding Member
Chicken. since your plants are beating everyone elses to death, your gonna have to list your varietys so we can buy a lb. or two after curing.

Status
Not open for further replies.