Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

N, E storm is on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

What the CNN anchor asked the spokesperson for the mayor of NYC: "It seems like the mayor over-reacted. It cost the city hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue. Can you comment on that?"

What the spokesperson did not say: "Are you asking me why the mayor was so foolish as to believe all your media hype about the severity of the storm?"

Bob

Nice point.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
they sure know how to cry wolf. some day no one will listen.
Sort of.

The meteorologist used the unfortunate term, "historic," of course intending it in the purely objective, quantitative sense. Meteorologists are data driven.

The wolf (Blitzer), on the other hand, heard "historic," and cried, "epic!" News anchors are driven by sensation and spectacle. (I believe that there was actually more cumulative coverage of the inflation status of a prop used by millionaire, athletic entertainers.)

To my knowledge, nobody used the terms "biblical" or "apocalyptic," though I did hear "Snowtorious Rex."

Bob

DonH

Well it was a pretty big storm in New England. We only got about 15" of snow but a couple of towns over they got more than three feet. But it was very cold, so there wasn't any tree damage and hardly any power outages. When you get wet, heavy snow or rain and ice mixed in is when tree branches fall on power lines. So I'm more afraid of a big storm in March. We don't have a generator yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.