Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigarette from cigar tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondford

I'm a cigar guy and was playing around the other night and put some cigarette tobacco (Maryland 609) in a cigar and it was awful! But it did get thinking, do any you cigarette guys ever use cigar tobacco in your cigarettes?

DonH

Sure. It works well in small amounts. In larger amounts you end up with a cigarillo.

DGBAMA

I enjoy some of my Havanah mixed in a cigarette blend, but it is on the milder side of cigar tobaccos too.

BarG

Founding Member
Burley can be good for wrapper,binder and filler. I mix cigar scraps on occasion with my cigs. I have only used BigBonners burley though.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Im gonna grow 8 strains of my cigar seeds..for flavouring in my cigg baccy...i havent exactlly.figured out what ill be growing....but i have determined how im gonna segregate one big planting pot..to hold 4 different strains...

Ill not grow many of them..maybe 15 plants of each strain.i dont want it to be too strong.just to add a little flavouring..

If you look at my.grow journal sunday.i should have them listed what i used...who knows this experiment may go good...and ill include certain cigar strains in all my future grow s...

I know one strain will be little dutch..the others i have no clue..i got a.lot of researching.to do..

BarG

Founding Member
Chicken, Dixie shade is excellent in cigg. tobacco, Kinda of a nutty flavor. The Havana 425 aint so bad either.It has a mentholy kick to it. Also a real heavy producer so not many plants needed.

Last edited:

garryr

Well this is kind of embarrassing,but back when I was a drunk and a bum, I would find cigarette butts, anywhere, outside of malls were some of the best places, and often there were also cigar butts. sometimes even half of a cigar,..anyway I would empty out the tobacco , and re - roll it into a cigarette. I liked the cigar butts cause they always had more tobacco in them. they made good cigarettes.

Raodwarior

Just had a guy come into the store today and asked if I would give him the old cigar butts.

BarG

Founding Member
Well this is kind of embarrassing,but back when I was a drunk and a bum, I would find cigarette butts, anywhere, outside of malls were some of the best places, and often there were also cigar butts. sometimes even half of a cigar,..anyway I would empty out the tobacco , and re - roll it into a cigarette. I liked the cigar butts cause they always had more tobacco in them. they made good cigarettes.

Well now just grow some and roll till your hearts content. Hard times are nothing to be embarressed about. It builds charachter.

dondford

"Just had a guy come into the store today and asked if I would give him the old cigar butts."
What did you tell him??
I remember about 20 years ago I was smoking a really good cigar and had to stop about half way through; I very meticulously cut the burnt end off to good tobacco and put it in my humidor. Big mistake, stank the humidor up big time. Not I either finish the cigar or toss it.

rainmax

Founding Member
I use all scraps and smoke it all in my cigarette blend. Some times tobacco is to harsh so I put it back to my fermenter for two to three weeks and than I smoke it all.
Thats why I still don't have the right blend for me. But I can't throw away any tobacco. To small yard.

chuditch

I like the comment 'hard times are nothing to be embarrassed about". But they are at the time and yes they are "character building" and good to use to give encouragement to others. I am new to the whole tobacco growing, curing and rolling. Have used our light burly to make cigarettes for my wife and been very successful so far. The types of seeds I have organised for next year some are going by the descriptions are mild to medium and suitable for cigar filler or cigarette so still a lot of experimenting to do here.

ChinaVoodoo

Just had a guy come into the store today and asked if I would give him the old cigar butts.

The store i go to used to have a contact at a local mission who would pick up the clippings, damaged cigars and the pipe tobacco mixture errors for the folks at the mission. Current owner and staff take better care, and there are very few blending mistakes, but I know they use, specifically, the Cuban cigar clippings for a particular adjunct to a pipe blend.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Chicken, Dixie shade is excellent in cigg. tobacco, Kinda of a nutty flavor. The Havana 425 aint so bad either.It has a mentholy kick to it. Also a real heavy producer so not many plants needed.

Thanks for that info..i got havana k-2,,,,, and havana 211. Perhaps ill grow both.for blending

Status
Not open for further replies.