Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New member from Skjolden, inner end of Sognefjord in Norway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sognefjord

Hello friends,
I am an 44 y old man from the inner end of the Sognefjord in Norway. I want to try tobacco plants here and in the past (for appr. 100 years ago) many farmes were producing tobacco. Havana and Victoria plants. The lates Production was during the second world war... I want to try some cigar types. Any suggestions.. Wrapper, binder and filler?

POGreen

Welcome to Fair Trade Tobacco fellow Scandinavian !
You have most certainly come to the right place.
Be sure you read the Frequently asked questions ( FAQ) , which you will find on the top menu on every page

POGreen

I figure I live some distance south from where you live so I can't really give any advice concerning plants.
Usually start my plants the first of March and if I'm lucky I plant them on the patch in early May.
Checked Sognefjord up on a map and think it could possibly take a while for you to plant your plants in real soil because of frost.

If you're interested have a look at my last years grow log :http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3995-POGreen-s-Grow-Log-2014

And this years log is just getting started :http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5512-PO-s-2015-Grow-Log-(-4-th-year-now-)?p=100541#post100541

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome to the forum. I am also fairly new to thi, and i live up north. Last year I grew whatever I could get my hands on , and it worked out. I made a makeshift greenhouse. The plants in that thing were full sized by the first snow (which came before first frost last year. The plants that I didn't have in there were not very big.
Talking with other Canadians in the forum, it became clear that they would have performed much better if two things were done. Start earlier indoors, and fertilize.

Next year, I will have a full fledged greenhouse for a couple varieties worth long growing seasons. The rest, the majority, I will fertilize, obviously, but I will choose varieties that have shorter growing seasons. If you look at Northwoodseeds, the "days to maturity " is located for most of their tobaccos. I found that very helpful.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Make sure you read up on how to start them...that is the most trickiest part to growing bacca....

indianjoe

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum, many varieties that have a short number of maturation days should be appropriate.

jojjas

Welcome to a great place .
I think you could grow tobacco in your place whit great success , the real problem up here at our part of the world is , frost frost and frost , wind can also be worrisome
I have contact whit a dude way up in north ( at the map) , who has grown cigarleafs with great success , and i think you should go for it
Grow what you prefer, and start a grow blog here and let us know how it goes

attachment.php

Mikael

Attachments

• scandinavia.jpg
    scandinavia.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.