Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My first cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuditch

Ok I have made and smoked my first cigar.

Try to keep the laughter at its appearance down to a dull roar.

I haven't gotten my cigar tobacco seeds into action yet that won't start for me till around August this year for the coming growing season.

I used some of the Cowboy Light that I have grown for my wife's cigarettes.

It wasn't the best, tastiest, or dare I say pretty cigar I have ever had but I made it :)

Many thanks to the videos and photos on the site in my first attempt at least I cold draw smoke through it.

I was informed by unkind people that they thought cigars were rolled on the thigh of a virgin while mine looked like it had been rolled on the thigh of a syphilitic whore.

So unkind.

But I can only get better (could be hard to get worse)

And encase you were concerned there maybe something wrong with my cigar press, I haven't got one yet.

You may now derive mirth from my attempt :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image0.jpg
    Image0.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 188

bonehead

it dosen't have to look good. if you get the rite tobacco they will work fine. my cigars look more like backwoods cigars than cigars. i don't know if they have backwoods around you, but if they do you will know what i am talking about. you only get better with time.

DGBAMA

That's not so bad. The important part is you did it.

It does remind me of a "back woods", not a bad thing.
Backwoods_Black_and_Sweet_Flavoured_Cigars.jpg

DIY Pete

As long as it smokes good and tastes good then it is good.
Pete

dondford

The thing is, a ugly cigar can smoke great and a beautiful cigar can smoke like like crap. Be sure and save that picture, then compare it to the cigars you will be rolling in a couple of months from now.

Bruck

Great start! That's about what my first couple of batches looked like :)
But they all tasted good, at least those that had a good draw (that was my first hurdle).

chuditch

Great start! That's about what my first couple of batches looked like :)
But they all tasted good, at least those that had a good draw (that was my first hurdle).
Your right there about the draw. I have taken a photo of my next two cigars but my phone is old and crappy photographs(you can tell I am old I didn't say pix and I also listen to the wireless :) )
I just need to work out how to add the photo onto this post so will work on that during the day they didn't come out looking to bad even my son said "not to bad' which is high praise ha ha.

chuditch

Oh good managed to attach this photo to my post.

Sorry about the quality but these are attempts 2 and 3.

The cigar in the middle is a Fonseca 2-2 for comparison.

Thought I would leave them in the humidor for a week and smoke them next weekend.

Would that be the best advice or to leave them longer before trying them?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image0 (2).jpg
    Image0 (2).jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 145

Bruck

LOL, I was going to say that one in the middle really looks professional!
I hume my sticks for at least a few weeks before smoking - and they are usually much better after about 2 months. Mine never get much older than that. Either I smoke them or trade/give them away by then.
BUT... when you're just starting out, that can be an eternity!

chuditch

LOL thanks for that I can't claim credit for the middle one. One day maybe but that is only my second and third cigar I have ever rolled and I cant see them lasting 2month+ till I try them

Birage

One thing I noticed is that a cigar will look much better when a proper mold is used. A good mold will form the bunched cigar nice and straight with no lumps, which then makes it easier to put the wrapper on and make it look good. To prove my point, roll some cigars bunching by hand without a mold, and then some with a mold, and then viva la difference! Although, after time you will get good at rolling even without a mold, but I noticed all my cigars tend to look more professional looking when I use my molds. Just something to consider if you were not bunching with a mold.

chuditch

Try the Fonseca Arana. Tasty. And cheap.
In Australia not cheap the Fonseca 2-2 is around $18 here and that is why been importing from America so far been better than 50/50 with not having to pay duty on my imports even with duty and devalue of our dollar and postage still ahead just under half price you can see why I would like to make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.