Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Anybody tried BigBonner's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

Premium mid-stalk Burley (aged 4years) as a cigar filler?

Thanks
Don

Haven't tried the mid-stalk. I have tried the one sucker, and I like that as a filler. The Ct. Broadleaf has been hit and miss in blends for me, although I did have it in a blend with WLT's tobacco and had a 4 star cigar with Nic. Habano Viso, and some others in it.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Haven't tried the mid-stalk. I have tried the one sucker, and I like that as a filler. The Ct. Broadleaf has been hit and miss in blends for me, although I did have it in a blend with WLT's tobacco and had a 4 star cigar with Nic. Habano Viso, and some others in it.

Did you try the CT Broadleaf as a wrapper?

ArizonaDave

Did you try the CT Broadleaf as a wrapper?

Yes, wrapper, binder, and filler on different cigars. It was a wrapper with the Nic. Habano Viso blend. I'm thinking if it was moved and used as binder with maybe a San Andre's Wrapper, it would be a full bodied 5 star. I also had some Nic. Habano Seco in there too, but I've had cigars with only the viso too.

Chris A

BB's CT broadleaf works well as Maduro wrapper. I smoked the sample he sent me but I like Dons Ecuador Maduro better. Apples & oranges.

dondford

I've used his CT Broadleaf and Havanah as wrapper and binder with some success; I do think you need to be sure and add some flavorsome filler in the blend. It was BB's mention in his description of the Burley comparing it to Honduran tobacco that peaked my interest in it and I like the fact that the premium is aged for 4 years.

Don

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive smoked a lot of bonners bacca,,,

and have yet to be disappointed.....

Bruck

In one of my usual blends I use one leaf, or a half of a big leaf, or Bigbonner's regular burley in the filler, along with some hispanic leaves from WLT. It adds something but I wouldn't use a lot of it. I tried one cigar with all burley filler and ...it's best in small quantities :)

I also use his CT Broadleaf for wrapper. It rolls and tastes just fine, but I do need to flatten out the veins.

The other thing I like about his cigar tobacco is the price, as I am the world's biggest cheapskate!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A burley cigar does not have the same flavor profile as a Caribbean-style cigar. I've rolled quite a few very fat burley red tip puros, and enjoy them from time to time. They are powerful. Burley tends to get soggy in the mouth, when used as a wrapper.

And, as I've pointed out before, a burley binder beneath a CT Broadleaf wrapper does something magical and nice, when rolled over habano fillers.

Most often, I add a strip of burley to a blend of other filler tobacco, in place of a ligero or viso.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.