Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

DGBAMA 2015 Grow.... 3rd season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

That Sucks, If you have some sunlight in the forcast hang them outside. I was amazed how nice the junk I thru in compost pile turned out.
I just stripped all my Catterton stalks that were in my makeshift shelter due to the rain dripping thru my tarp roof and putting black spots on my leaf. Acid Rain? Not mold.
I thru it all in the kiln and set her at 165 to stem Kill.
Good Luck, that's a lot of leaf To let go to chit.

DGBAMA

12 strings 50 leaves each. The bad part is it was mid priming, prime leaf. Hoping a good sun treatment will save it.

On a good note, striped the Black Mammoth stalks today..... A little mold loss, but a nice pile of leaf....
14421191352830.jpg

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
Man, sorry about the setback, but you look stone cold professional. Looks like there could be some good Perique going around about this time next year.

Gmac

Almost. Lol. Having the flue cure spread between multiple varieties has them ripening on a staggered schedule which helps a lot. Next year I will only do three FC varieties, one of the selection criteria is maturation time, early, medium, late, to spread out the flue curing timetable.

The few days hanging in the green house helps too... The pre-yellowing cuts at least a day off of the flue cure cycle and also the leaf dumps quite a bit of the initial water weight and wilts some, allowing a couple extra strings to fit in each run.

Third season, and still learning, mostly streamlining the process. This has been the most relaxed grow so far, considering the work involved.
What should my RH be in Yellowing Stage?
Gmac

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
you may have to do what im gonna do this winter,

build me a metal shed used only for my tobaccoo doings,

DGBAMA

Finally started shredding. First tote of flue cure, I couldn't be happier. In the fever of harvest, I didn't appreciate how well this year's curing came out. Nice stuff.
14477296901681.jpg

Brown Thumb

Looks Yummy, almost as good as that shoulder.
I have noticed after a little time the flue cured leaf will look a lot better color wise.

wrapper

Finally started shredding. First tote of flue cure, I couldn't be happier. In the fever of harvest, I didn't appreciate how well this year's curing came out. Nice stuff.
View attachment 17252

Just caught up on all 33 pages of your inspirational 2015 grow blog. Thank you for sharing. I see I have a long way to go and much to learn, but am looking forward to the journey.

DGBAMA

Status
Not open for further replies.