Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Smoking Causes Gray Hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

I got lots of it. 50 yrs old.
My kid tells me 40% of smokers get gray hair from smoking.
My dad smoked when he was young up to 25 yrs old. He is 78 yrs. Old. He has no gray hair.
I thought he dyed his hair. He said Never, My mothers hair is as Black also never dyed either.Anyone else going gray?

ChinaVoodoo

I know smoking ain't good for you, but sometimes, and this isn't just scepticism, the numbers are massaged to look how they want them to look. It's generally bad science. For example, I heard today that 4 of the Marlboro men died of smoking related diseases. A. How many Marlboro men were there? B. Which smoking related diseases, and what was the influence of comorbid factors? Correlation doesn't mean causation. If anything, this is an opportunity to teach your kids something about that.

DGBAMA

From a single set of facts, a statistician can create two completely opposite and believable arguments which are both true and believable. Don't even have to lie.... Just change a word or the presentation.

Work for the side that pays the best.

DGBAMA

The great ones can get paid for presenting arguments for BOTH sides of the SAME Issue.

ArizonaDave

The great ones can get paid for presenting arguments for BOTH sides of the SAME Issue.

Yes, and that's why I'll be neither side's poster boy. 53 here, and only just started to slightly grey in my goatee. People say I look 40. Hope that keeps up, lol. Didn't like it much though when I was young.

dondford

IMHO, there is a big difference in health risks between a cigar smoker and a cigarette smoker for several reasons. I smoke only cigars and try to limit myself to a reasonable number. I accept the risk and if I had to give up cigars, it would leave a big hole in my life. I do believe the numbers quoted by the anti-smoking crowd on second hand smoke is a load of crap. I'm not a cigarette smoker but suspect the guys on this forum who RYO cigarettes has less risks than someone who smokes store brought cigarettes.

D

ChinaVoodoo

On a related issue, based purely on my observations, the sun ages the skin, for sure. I know a bunch of guys from working night shift 17 years who all look much younger than they are. And their tattoos all look brand new too.

Our brains on the other hand....

Raodwarior

50 here and I earned every gray hair in my beard, just ask my kids. Since I have almost no hair on my head I still have no gray...lol

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I keep a.skinhead type haircut..but my beard is grey..

I got.tired of being searched and assumed.to be a dopehead..so i no longer have long hair

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I smoke because I have grey hair.

Wiki said:
although gray remained in common usage in the UK until the second half of the 20th century. Gray has been the preferred American spelling since approximately 1825

Damn am I old, but I honestly don't remember the "Americanized" version of grey (gray) being used until about 20 years ago.

Oh, and if you spell color with a "u" (colour), you have to spell grey with an "e".

Ben Brand

I don`t have much hair left to go grey!! Keep the ones I have left short, No 3 on my clippers, My goatee is as white as snow and I`m only 56 years young.
Ben

Cigar

I guess Im in trouble few years down the road then.. I smoke store bought cigs and ryo;also cigars both bought and ryo and as yet no grey hair to speak-off,you guys scare me reading this stuff for my future :rolleyes:

cigar

garryr

Well, I am 61, smoked since I was 12 and still no grey hair, well some in my mustache . I have a friend he is about 40, does not smoke, and his hair turned grey, then white, several years ago,when he was about 30,..
My eyes are giving me problems, the left eye is the worst, the right eye is actually ok, any way, they blame that on smoking too,..but I am not sure, these doctors or "quacks". they ask "do you smoke ?" a stupid question, because I am sure they can smell it, but anyway as soon as they know you smoke, forget about them making any effort to diagnose what is really wrong, they imediately blame the smoking.
Heck everyone gets grey hair sooner or later, even the ones that don't smoke, and everyone gets older, eventually dies, that is the reality of life, non smokers, get old, and die too. non smokers do get cancer of all sorts, also, and other diseases as well. I am just thank full to God , I have pretty good health, plenty of tobacco to smoke, and it is only one eye going bad, not both. Also by the Grace of God, I am sober and alive,.. lots of people die from alcohol abuse, scirosis of the liver ,etc.

DGBAMA

Well, I am 61, smoked since I was 12 and still no grey hair, well some in my mustache . I have a friend he is about 40, does not smoke, and his hair turned grey, then white, several years ago,when he was about 30,..
My eyes are giving me problems, the left eye is the worst, the right eye is actually ok, any way, they blame that on smoking too,..but I am not sure, these doctors or "quacks". they ask "do you smoke ?" a stupid question, because I am sure they can smell it, but anyway as soon as they know you smoke, forget about them making any effort to diagnose what is really wrong, they imediately blame the smoking.
Heck everyone gets grey hair sooner or later, even the ones that don't smoke, and everyone gets older, eventually dies, that is the reality of life, non smokers, get old, and die too. non smokers do get cancer of all sorts, also, and other diseases as well. I am just thank full to God , I have pretty good health, plenty of tobacco to smoke, and it is only one eye going bad, not both. Also by the Grace of God, I am sober and alive,.. lots of people die from alcohol abuse, scirosis of the liver ,etc.

Well said, Gary.

My grandmother smoked PAD or more all her life, passed away at 87. The doctors said cigarettes killed her.

Not to say that smoking is healthy or not harmful, but we each have our own time here on this earth which is not for US To determine.

Status
Not open for further replies.