Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What did you smoke today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garryr

Well , I smoked a "blend", of bursa, maryland 409, and a little rustica, all from my first grow, looking forward to the coming year.

ArizonaDave

Dave the morning smoke was nice and mild. It had a sweet taste to it. At least that's what my burned out taste buds got out of it.
Temps aren't all that bad now. I just went out and cleared 5 inches of today's snow off the drive and sidewalks. And it is getting warmer, The news says it's to get upto 44 deg tomorrow then back to the deep freeze on Monday. What a weird winter.

Well, maybe you'll get in a garage smoke? I'm so done with snow. On your blend, that's what Piloto Cubano Seco is good for, that, and even burn.

Wow. Both of the Meers are gorgeous. Thanks for posting.

They really are! And what I know about Pipes is limited, but I've thought about trying it out.

LewZephyr

yeah those are some purty Meer's.

Just smoked one of my #7Hs that has been resting for about 2 months.

Nicaraguan Seco 2leaf
Nicaraguan Viso 2 leaf

Mata Fina Just 1/4thleaf
Sumatra Double Binder

Habana 2000 Wrapper

Presently still one of my favorite blends.
Need to get some more time to have a rolling session, but been so busy past few weekends. New car search (well new to me), and daughters 18th bday celebration today.
Cooking up Fajitas for about 40 people. Lots of prep work.
Id rather be cooking up a brisket, but this is what she asked for.

ArizonaDave

yeah those are some purty Meer's.

Just smoked one of my #7Hs that has been resting for about 2 months.

Nicaraguan Seco 2leaf
Nicaraguan Viso 2 leaf

Mata Fina Just 1/4thleaf
Sumatra Double Binder

Habana 2000 Wrapper

Presently still one of my favorite blends.
Need to get some more time to have a rolling session, but been so busy past few weekends. New car search (well new to me), and daughters 18th bday celebration today.
Cooking up Fajitas for about 40 people. Lots of prep work.
Id rather be cooking up a brisket, but this is what she asked for.

Great blend there!

I haven't decided "what" yet, but I'm looking at Cigars now.....

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
What I didn't smoke today

A hand of Long Red (composed of all leaf from a single, stalk-cured plant) has been resting in low case for about a month, since coming out of the kiln. It has none of the telltale aromas of leaf that is not ready. Leaf color varies from a medium reddish brown to a dark chocolate. I rolled a single puro, and stashed it in the humidor. I would have smoked it immediately, but the weather is not yet cigarworthy.

Instead, I'm enjoying (indoors) various English Latakia pipe blends made from WLT leaf.

Bob

ArizonaDave

What I didn't smoke today

A hand of Long Red (composed of all leaf from a single, stalk-cured plant) has been resting in low case for about a month, since coming out of the kiln. It has none of the telltale aromas of leaf that is not ready. Leaf color varies from a medium reddish brown to a dark chocolate. I rolled a single puro, and stashed it in the humidor. I would have smoked it immediately, but the weather is not yet cigarworthy.

Instead, I'm enjoying (indoors) various English Latakia pipe blends made from WLT leaf.

Bob

I saw your thread on Pipe blends, and I might try some of those in the near future. I just had a fantastic cigar made by CharlieG, labeled "Z" with Ec. Maduro wrapper. Not sure of what was in it, but this is definitely a blend I'd highly recommend! The flavorful Maduro imparted a nut-sweet taste, and the filler was evenly balanced, and flawless! Beautiful enough to be in a Cigar shop for sure!
Enjoyed this one down to the last puff!

Thanks CharlieG!!!

note: Our weather here is about 75*, it was beautiful out today!

LewZephyr

I cheated on this fajitas session and bought pre marinated. Chicken was great. Beef a little more salty than I prefer. But that's what I get for cutting corners.
You know how it is. Everyone said it was great but we are our worst critics.

All went good.
Sitting at home chilling with one hell of a buzz from crown and 7up. Smoking a 10E
Piloto seco
Criollo 98 ligero
Criollo 98 seco
Sumatra Double Binder
Ecuador Shade Wrapper

Life is good

ArizonaDave

I cheated on this fajitas session and bought pre marinated. Chicken was great. Beef a little more salty than I prefer. But that's what I get for cutting corners.
You know how it is. Everyone said it was great but we are our worst critics.

All went good.
Sitting at home chilling with one hell of a buzz from crown and 7up. Smoking a 10E
Piloto seco
Criollo 98 ligero
Criollo 98 seco
Sumatra Double Binder
Ecuador Shade Wrapper

Life is good

That sounds like a great blend! Thanks for sharing. I personally love Fajitas. I crave steak, because my RN wife only serves what's healthy :)

Smokin Harley

Last smoke I had was the other day , it was a bitter cold day , snowed off and on a bit and I just needed a day to relax and watch the weather outside. So with a cup of coffee and some Spotify playing some Elmore James , I took one of my 4 inch scrappers out of the humi . The blend was some off the wall and varied small proportions of Nic Habano, Piloto Cubano,Dom binder,Habano2000,Aleman Oscuro,Bezuki ,red tip burley and a smidge of Criollo 98, might even have been a sliver of Fire Cure in there. Wrapper was the inner (the heavy veined scrap)crescent of a Aleman Oscuro leaf. Very enjoyable , smooth ,flavorful, the room note was very pleasant. It was a finger burner.

Smokin Harley

Just lit(with a cup of mocha latte coffee w/cream)....DIYpetes blend #2 with a Fire Cured wrapper...I have to say , it surprises me . Sweetness I didnt expect. mellow , creamy. Highly enjoyable ! Good pairing anyway

Smokin Harley

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2419.jpg
    IMG_2419.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 173

ArizonaDave

I had one of CharlieG's that he sent me, named Criollo. Once again, construction was flawless, fantastic burn, and boldness at medium. I only had one other thought the whole time I was smoking this, besides being a nice smoke. The other thought, boy, I wish this had more Criollo Liguero in it! I smoked the whole thing, and still had that second thought.

If I was a cigar manufacturer, I'd make this blend. Why? because it'll keep them reaching for more!

charlie G.

Thanks Dave and so glad you enjoyed the cigars. I think in that one ( which I never wrote the blend down or lost it somewhere )
I only added 1/2 leaf of Legureo. I guess I roll on the mild side. I might try adding a whole leaf to the next blend I work up.
Again I'm glad you enjoyed them.
This afternoon I smoked one of the first cigars I rolled using the first WLT Azucarodo Oscuro maduro blend kits I got back in Sept. '14. Not bad after sitting a few months.

ArizonaDave

Thanks Dave and so glad you enjoyed the cigars. I think in that one ( which I never wrote the blend down or lost it somewhere )
I only added 1/2 leaf of Legureo. I guess I roll on the mild side. I might try adding a whole leaf to the next blend I work up.
Again I'm glad you enjoyed them.
This afternoon I smoked one of the first cigars I rolled using the first WLT Azucarodo Oscuro maduro blend kits I got back in Sept. '14. Not bad after sitting a few months.

Enjoyed very much! Thank you! My favorite was the "Z", although they were all good. I love a good medium bodied smoke. Actually adding more Liguero doesn't mean it will push it over to full bodied, but in some cases it can. The Criollo Liguero is one of the milder Ligueros I've ever tried, so I don't think it'll move your blend up to full bodied, just more of the Liguero taste. If it's too powerful, you can always move it back?

charlie G.

First one of the day with a cup of tea.
2-Piloto Seco
1-Crillio 98 Seco
1/2- Crillio Leguro
Almen Capa Banda Binder
Aged Pa Maduro Wrapper

I enjoyed it alot and am rolling a few more. I'm also going to try a One Sucker binder with the maduro wrapper. And also a San Andres wrapper with the Capa binder.

ChinaVoodoo

Today, I took a pipe blend which I concocted at the tobacconist which consisted of 1/4oz Dubec, 1oz Virginia flake, 1/2oz perique, and 1/4oz of some Burley. I took this blend and mixed a few bowls of it, 50/50, with Dominican Seco which I got from Whole Leaf Tobacco a couple days ago. I was surprised by how smooth and complex it was. Will do again.

Status
Not open for further replies.