Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My Kiln for fermenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

that bubbling thing is that ultrasonic, Im building the same unit downsized and was going to use ultrasonic usb air humidifier it floats on top and uses almost no electric. Ill post my build when i get all my parts.

can you take a pic of the tobacco in the chamber

chuditch

I dont bother using the bubbling thing any more found wasn't necessary just a bowl of water under the heat lamp and partly cover it with foil and it keeps perfect humidity and temperature according to the gages on the top. I have to top the water up in the bowl every few days. I also drilled some holes in the bottom of the freezer chest as drain holes as there was an accumulation of moisture happening there I wasnt happy with. Working great at the moment and it is 2 weeks into its first 6 week run for my season.

that bubbling thing is that ultrasonic, Im building the same unit downsized and was going to use ultrasonic usb air humidifier it floats on top and uses almost no electric. Ill post my build when i get all my parts.

can you take a pic of the tobacco in the chamber

Doogie

Thank you for that, I'm going to build a similar set up, I love the concept. I happy a bowel of water and foil can control humidity. I love the keep it simple stupid, less parts to fail. I'm going to try and buil an monitoring chip to connect to the pid. So I can see rh% and temp from the cell phone.

wrapper

I like your kiln set up, and thanks for sharing. My front loading upright ex fridge is about to be plumbed with a small toilet type ball cock to keep the water bath full of water, and a bulb run by a controller for a heat source.

chuditch

I like your kiln set up, and thanks for sharing. My front loading upright ex fridge is about to be plumbed with a small toilet type ball cock to keep the water bath full of water, and a bulb run by a controller for a heat source.

Works so well I set up another one and have them both humming away happily now. All I do is keep an eye on the humidity gauge and move the bit of aluminium foil on or off the water container to have the humidity right where I want it and fill up the container roughly once a week when I also check the leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.