Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Joe's (laugh at the new guy, he's doing it wrong) Grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

And then you realize how you used too much seed and have tons of thinking to do.

PS, they are very tolerant to moving, so if you want more, just use a pair of tweezers to move some of the extra ones to another tray.

tryals15

And then you realize how you used too much seed and have tons of thinking to do.

PS, they are very tolerant to moving, so if you want more, just use a pair of tweezers to move some of the extra ones to another tray.

No joke. I grew a chia garden last year... Oops.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
That's why after my 3'rd year of separating seedlings..from a tray.

I now start them in a 6" pot..and let them up to a good size there..and then separate them to a starting tray

JOE1977

For the fun of it I went and got a 32 tray to transfer some of the extras over. I am primarily growing for pipe and to a lesser amount for cigar. I think the way it is I am going to have plenty.

BarG

Founding Member
Dammit! Now I need to add Samsun maidan to my grow for some pipe tobaccy. Seeds any one? I thought I would get off easy this year, I am still waiting for my grow out seeds.

JOE1977

I matriculated some of the sprouts to another tray that I wanted more of and for possible back up. Also started some veggies for the garden for S&G. As I looked at the pile of sacrificial culling, all I could think of was marlin Brando in whispering "The Horror, The Horror"!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

DGBAMA

We all go through the over seeding thinning. Feels like causing a holocaust to me, but allows my to help Darwin out,,,,, only the strong survive.....un-natural selection.

JOE1977

Yep, definitely going to be more careful when seeding next year. The chia thing is a P.I.T.A.. I Thinned the herd again last night and left just two per cell and when larger I will harvest the weaker of the two.

JOE1977

Thinned them down to one per cell today. They are still pretty small for the most part, I would say maybe half are starting to get leafs maybe a 1/8 inch or so. I have lights on about 6am to 8pm as well and keeping the soil fairly moist. I have also turned off the heat mat and removed the lids. The leafs are becoming a lighter green so I take it they need some fertilizer soon. Would this be the time to try Epsom salt?
In comparison, my Veggies are out pacing them by a long ways and are being grown exactly the same with a decent amount of roots shooting out of the cells. :confused:

DGBAMA

Baccy is a little slow out of the gate for me. They pop right up, then seem to go dormant for a week or so while the roots get going before real growth begins.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The yellowing is probably a sign that the soil has run out of the fertilizer it came with. Time to start supplemental feeding. If you are using Miracle Gro, some of the members have reported burning if mixed at the ratios recommended on the fertilizer container. Half strength should be fine.

ArizonaDave

Thinned them down to one per cell today. They are still pretty small for the most part, I would say maybe half are starting to get leafs maybe a 1/8 inch or so. I have lights on about 6am to 8pm as well and keeping the soil fairly moist. I have also turned off the heat mat and removed the lids. The leafs are becoming a lighter green so I take it they need some fertilizer soon. Would this be the time to try Epsom salt?
In comparison, my Veggies are out pacing them by a long ways and are being grown exactly the same with a decent amount of roots shooting out of the cells. :confused:

Joe, how are they coming along now???

JOE1977

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgGave the kids their first haircut this past week. Should I move them to cups yet?
also, for extra credit I added a pipe I made the past few weeks. Gives you a whole new appreciation for the craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.