Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Joe's (laugh at the new guy, he's doing it wrong) Grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Your seedlings are looking great!

You really don't have to transplant them into cups. Commercial growers keep the seedlings in the float trays until transplant time. Many of us home growers keep them in the trays until transplant. Just keep giving them haircuts as necessary to keep light opened up to the smaller plants and to prevent overcrowding.

That's a great pipe. I love standing pokers. Nice job.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
putting them in cups is a option.

sometimes i do it, some times i dont,

this year i may do it.. just to get them out from under my lights.. to make room for other trays, i plan on moving the bigger stock to a greenhouse when i get it built,

this time of the year it's hard for me to get anything done.. the farmers are planting. and im delivering tons of fertilizer from dusk to dark...

and then trying to do my own planting, worked all day last saturday,, [ gotta get them watermelon fields ready ]

DGBAMA

Those look great. No need to move to cups if you keep up with trimming as needed.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I fertilize my young plants with a fish emulsion fertilizer.. And at times with Epsom salt..,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Your gonna have to change your thread title..so far you've done nothing wrong

JOE1977

Thanks for all the nice comments. I think I'm gonna leave them in the trays, hey, I got a lot goin on ya know:cool:.
I gave them a nice natural tan today.
image.jpg

JOE1977

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Those will make nice patches. I see some greenery starting to show up in the background. All the trees are about fully leafed out here already. Spring is here!

DGBAMA

That should do well.

Consider some leaves or mulch or a scoop of soil around each plant, on top of that weed barrier. That stuff gets HOT when in full sun, and any leaves that droop down directly touching the plastic will scorch and die...... I learned the hard way.

JOE1977

I haven't posted a while been busy building humidor for a friend and the weather has been very rainy 5 inches in June alone. Here are some pics and a question. It seems some of my plants have twins growing off of them towards the base, is this ok or should I remove them?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member

Those are suckers. Pull them all off. They will try to put on a sucker at each main leaf/stalk junction. Pull all those off. You want the plant energy to go to the big, main leaves on the main stalk.

You'll want to bag 1-2 of your best plants of each variety to keep them from cross pollinating so you can save the seed. I see buds starting on a couple of plants. I use five gallon paint strainer bags.

ArizonaDave

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
they look great....and to think you had your doubts at the beginning of your grow,,

it gets better as each year passes.. and you learn from your mistakes,

JOE1977

Well they are not baccy but they are still green and cool. My grape look to be having a bumper crop this year.
image.jpgimage.jpg

JOE1977

Bob, I have no clue :confused:. They were well introduced when we moved in last year. The trunks are about 3" thick, so they have been around awhile. Last year they were very over grown and only put out a small handful of bunches. This late winter I thinned them considerably and it made all the world of difference. If the crop continues I am going to try my hand at a little vino and jelly. I've made plenty of beer but no wine. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.