Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

who knows what Tim likes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I have been spending all my free time and money restoring my 86 F150. I am caught up now for what my pocket book can afford. I had forgotton how easy it was to work on this truck. It's running like a champ now with not much more to go. Just throw money at it.
New battery
new tires
new plugs
new belts
new speedometer gear
new clutch
oil change, lube job, top off all fluids
Repair rusted out holes in floorboards and silicone any small leaks or holes
weatherstrip at windows
touch up paint on old bondo areas
paint wheels and bumper
new valve cover gasket
paint valve cover and air cleaner
new thermostat
unclog wiper washers
New front shocks

Left to do list:
rear shocks
replace all mirrors
Convert from column shift to floor stick shift
new radio
Steal the seat from my 94 F150 and trade out if it fits?
????That should hold for a while???

Time to roll a few for my new unused humidor from WLT.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Your '86 F150 is likely a joy to work on, compared to the computerized, digitized, miniaturized trucks made in later years (exterior dimensions notwithstanding). When I rebuilt a '74 F150 in 2000, you could practically stand inside the engine compartment, alongside the V8. Those were the days when engines were controlled by mechanical dynamics and pneumatics.

Bob

EDIT: I miss my Holley 4-barrel.

BarG

Founding Member
Your right Bob, I can climb right in. I am not looking forward to rebuiding or replacing my 94 F150. Electronic fuel injection and all of the original anti pollution control. I removed all that from my 86[ the pollution control} a long time ago.

I haven't seen a Holly 4 barrel since my 68 Barracuda indianjoe and Bob.

The seat from the 94 swapped out perfect and all the door hardware [Door lock, handle and a couple of rods for opening and locking door] I needed were identical also. I guess I'll have to let it set for a while and be my parts truck.:cool:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
It's all relative. I have an '89 F150 and it really sucks to work on it compared to my '73 F100. But at least I can work on the '89 and that's why I like it. Anything newer and I don't even bother pooping the hood. If my '73 doesn't start, it's either out of gas or has a dead battery- simple as that.

BarG

Founding Member
Always liked them Barracuda's, but all I got are mustangs.

Lucky You! If I was to buy a car thats what it would be in the pre 80's.

I bought the 86 as plain jane as I could find just so I could keep it simple for times like this JB.

BarG

Founding Member
I wa sgetting 14- 16 miles to the gallon before I started messing with my 1 barrel carb and now I am getting 11. I can't get it right. I switched out the thermostat to a 165 degree and it runs almost cold all the time. It was a 195 before and I think I need a happy medium . It is like it continually wants to warm up.

BarG

Founding Member
100_0817.jpg100_0967_00.jpg
Always liked them Barracuda's, but all I got are mustangs.

I wish I had some pics of my 2 barracuda fastbacks. And my old 1950 F100 shortbed with a flathead 8. I got lucky a few years ago and got to rebuild all the woodwork on a 1929 model A. I tell you it was a mess . I made templates and replaced every piece of wood in it. All the exterior is just a shell with oak wood for all supports. I have never shared no pics of this except my avatar.
Just as soon as I finished and it was gone so was my good friend. He drowned in lake limestone shortly thereafter with a heart attack in the deep water.I miss him! He is the only man I ever met compares to my grandad in the mechanic department. The sum bitch was bad ass. He was the best.We barbqued every weekend when he came up from houston. He had a mechanic shop in houston and this was his weekend place to get away.

My grandad had an honary detective badge, the mayor built his house and my grandma gave him hell on crooked shit [studs] . His great grandson will have it next. Times have sure changed.
101_0059.jpg

Last edited:

indianjoe

Founding Member
That's a fantastic story, and a great job on the wood. I've always liked old cars, trucks, and tractors, so I eventually got a few. I got have a 65 fastback, several 65/66 coupes and six tractors, with the last two tractors coming in the last few weeks.

BarG

Founding Member
Seriously, I'm turning green. Man I can barely keep my old ones running. I had no idea you were into that. Steve McQueen had a bunch of those, I realy like the 68 -74 mustangs. I remember them. Be ins the old man I am since I just aged another year.
But....What I really want is a 57 TBird.
.:cool:

Last edited:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Talk about envy. You guys should come on over and check out my 72 Vega Wagon with the original 4 cylinder in it.... a real chick magnet for sure.

Brown Thumb

Talk about envy. You guys should come on over and check out my 72 Vega Wagon with the original 4 cylinder in it.... a real chick magnet for sure.
I had a 79 Monza Wagon with the 4 cylinder Iron Duke in it for my first car. That baby was a bed on wheels.

BarG

Founding Member
I can Honestly say my package was not redirected! Thank the cigar gods for that. I had a chance to sample a couple already and they are great, and with a large variety to choose from. Don't worry about the humidor, some day soon I will get around to buiding a few I have had in mind for a while since [will post when ready}. I finally broke down and bought my new heavy duty planer. In the meantime I am using the one I got from Don at WLT. Thank you Webmost for a most delightful surprise.

101_0061.jpg

webmost

What must I do to get a nice surplice like that in the post??????????? Name it and I`ll do it!!

Get up and move from the arshole of arfrica to some place where it doesn't cost forty bucks and two months to gamble whether a package even makes it to you.

Other'n that, come on over for a visit, and take a satchel full back. I'll loan you a bike and we can ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. We got good beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.