Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Long time no talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Hey folks, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, been extremely busy doing renovations at the homestead (reinsulating the basement, fixing up the nursery, moving bedrooms, getting ready for spring time etc) but all is going well, mother and babies are doing quite well and we just reached half term Sunday!

Tobacco aging is also going well, I ended up building a trash can kiln using a water heater thermostat, ceramic heating element from Petsmart, and a few other bits and pieces of electrical components. (I'll grab some pictures eventually).

Also, reventured into making nasal snuff and made a beautiful Butterscotch nasal snuff. 40% white stemmed burley, 40% virginia and 20% Xhanti Yaka Turkish. I have been making small batches (10 gram batches) of each flavor I want to try, I allow them to heat up to 145*F for 5 minutes after applying the flavor oil. Let it meld for a few days and begin to snuff it via the "wipe in the nostril" method. Pictures below:

Cheers!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
hey we totally understand...

you just got married.. and moved into a new place, '' of course your gonna go off the grid for a while''

but:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: the call of a '' NEW GROWING SEASON '' allways draws those that may take a winter break ''

welcome back brother.... lets hear of your upcoming grow.. and is your new wife on board to help you,,????:confused::confused:

Brown Thumb

Good to see you again, and hear the Babies are doing good.
Take care of momma!
My bud is a twin an had two about four yrs ago.
Just talked to him the other day and be has two in the oven again.
Jeesh that is Cheeting.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Glad to hear things are going as planned . Your hardest job will start soon . Day shift , night shift and working all holidays for at least 17 to 18 years hard labor .

DGBAMA

Good to hear from you. New place, new garden. Look forward to hearing about your new grow. Best wishes to the family.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Glad to hear things are going as planned . Your hardest job will start soon . Day shift , night shift and working all holidays for at least 17 to 18 years hard labor .

You're thinking about the old days. Kids don't leave now till they hit 25 or 30.

DIY Pete

You're thinking about the old days. Kids don't leave now till they hit 25 or 30.

Not at my house. My son gets his walking orders as soon as he graduates college. Heck I would trade the wife in if I wouldn't take such a beating on the depreciation.

Pete

bonehead

my kids were the best part of my life. it dosen't last for ever so get in there and do all you can do. you might regret some things in life but if you are a big part of your kids life i don't see how you could regret it ever. you almost don't even need pictures but take some.

Brown Thumb

my kids were the best part of my life. it dosen't last for ever so get in there and do all you can do. you might regret some things in life but if you are a big part of your kids life i don't see how you could regret it ever. you almost don't even need pictures but take some.
You hit the nail on the Head. they comes and goes fast.
Mine are still here and underage but time flys when you have kids.
mine can stay forever, If they get a job, pay rent , and be home before 11 at night.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Thanks all for the warm welcome back!
the call of the new grow season is definitely Calling me back. I got my hands on a complete high pressure sodium light, ballast and enclosure to starts my plants with ,in the next few weeks (light was free from a local warehouse putting in new high bay LED lights). I'm not sure on which varieties I'll grow this year.

The he wife isn't going to be helping much if at all with the plots this year but that's ok! The business did well enough last year I actually can hire a few locals to help.

I've actually got about 1/3 acre to plant on this year which will be plenty.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the light sounds good... just make sure you set it up in a well ventilated area... they do get hot fast. and will make the room its in real hot, if not vented,

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
As clandestine as it sounds, I actually start my plants in the unfinished, cellar style basement, I notice it helps keep the soil moisture level up and reduces the needs for much ventilation (until about 3 weeks prior to planting, which is good, as a little breeze does help the stems thicken up).

Has anyone got any information on how many Lux should be produced by this bulb? The one that's in it is probably 4-7 years old, and at 18'' is producing 21,000 lux.

Status
Not open for further replies.