Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rainmax 2015 season 4 (and 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainmax

Founding Member
I need to start some day and this is the day I put things on paper.
My cigar varieties garden will look something like this:

vrhnikaweb.jpg

Last year I didn't get any of Pennsylvania Red which I love. To much rain I guess and cold wether. I ordered some Cuban Criollo 98 and Adonis from Skychaser and also Havana 2000 which I will try on other location.
For my cigarettes I will have same composition than last year. I may add some Prileps:

vnanje.jpg

For my wrapper I will have again shade side of my house and i will try Corojo 99 seeds from Cuba, Havana 2000 from Sky. The rest I will see ... Fl.Sumatra? Machu Picchu? CT Broadleaf?..

So many good varieties and so little space. I will miss Little Dutch and many others. All the best...:)

rainmax

Founding Member
Re: Rainmax 2015 season 4

I sowed seeds on March, 13.

grow5.jpg

After 10 days looks like this.

grow.jpg grow2.jpg grow3.jpg grow1.jpg

I didn't have success with Stamm 161 and Izmir-Ozbas so far, so I start another batch few days ago. For Stamm 161 strain which is my task I don't have much seeds. It was about 50-70 seeds in the envelope which I get from Don, but half of them was just dust. I hope for more luck in the second batch. Criollo Colorado, second strain for FTT looks promising. I have 10+ seedlings so far.
In the styrofoam I have sorts like Virginia, Prilep and Burley for my cigarette mix. I have tried with lamps this year.
Next batch will be in the end of March. Until than all the best,...

rainmax

Founding Member

Thanks, Wallace.

Criollo Colorado looks OK.

criollocolorado2.jpg

All other strains too. In my big surprise I find out that Stamm 161 will maybe survive.
So, what you say about this. After eighteen days under the light this happened.

stamm161germ.jpg
... will this baby survive?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

You should know within a day or two if that Stamm 161 is showing a root radicle or if it is fungal hyphae.

Bob

rainmax

Founding Member

Thanks chillardbee and of course good luck 2 you 2.

So, I separate this baby to another pot and I take special care. It looks it will survive.

stamm161.jpg

Other strains looks great. I even make first clipping on Virginias. After few days became stronger.

rainmax

Founding Member

In one month everything looks different. I make second or even third clipping on some plants today. A lot of little babies and whole day was just enough.
Spring is so nice.

cherry.jpg apple.jpg garden1.jpg raspberries.jpg garden.jpg

twomoreweeks.jpg corojo99.jpg corojocliping.jpg prilepcliping1.jpg greenhouse.jpg

jojjas

Looks like you have full spring down there Maks , and you take some lovely pictures to describe it .
I still have frost att nights up here but the farmers are ready with ther work on there fields and the first blossoms in the fruit trees on their way and grass is growing fast now , so it aint long time now untill it`s time to plant the tobacco plants

grgfinney

Hey Maks,so that is what spring looks like,we don't even get leaves on the trees till mid may up here,I'm right on the 45th parallel half way between the equator and the north pole,your plants are looking healthy good luck this season

Knucklehead

Founding Member

I smell a good year coming for Slovenian tobacco growers. The seedlings are looking great. The photos are a little fuzzy and out of focus so maybe you should read the instruction manual that came with the camera, or I can give you some pointers. LOL. Nice photos as usual, one would think they were taken by a professional photographer.

bravo.gif

rainmax

Founding Member

Last frost date is May,15.
I'm counting to plant until the end of May. Thanks jojjas, grgfinney, Knucklehead.

ant.jpg

rainmax

Founding Member

Have a good season.
Bob
Thanks Bob.

Stamm 161 survived and I get another two plants of it. Criollo Colorado is strong and uniform. I believe I will fulfill the task.
Temperatures are rising from day to another and night temperatures are above 10 deg.C.(50F). If 13.,14. and 15th of May will be stabile weather than I'm good to go.

stamm161b.jpg cr.colorado.jpg

rainmax

Founding Member

So here are some news. I will start planting tomorrow. Weather forecast shows great news for future days. Temperatures will not fall below 10 deg. Celsius (50F) and during the day time from 20-30 C.(68F-86F).
I'm good to go. Yesterday I planted half of my tomatoes and some Vuelta Abajo. Tomorrow about 30 Habano 2000 and than every day few more.

planting4.jpg planting3.jpg

Today I also prepare hale shield which is also shade for my Habano 2000 wrapper. In the middle of the above, I snap over two strings for securing each plant cause I have some problems last year with falling plants. It is going to be and it looks professional this year or at least hope so.

planting2.jpg planting.jpg

Plants are hardened one week at full sun and they are thick and hairy like velvet. Majority.
...continues

jojjas

Looks realy good Maks , should be interesting to se how it turns up and youe plants looks healthy and in good growth
Up here at my place it´s still cold and wet , we have had the first nights without frost now the last week but temprature is still to cold att nights to plant the baccy

Knucklehead

Founding Member

Seedlings are looking great. I hope you have a wonderful season.

USHOG

Can't wait to watch them grow. Good luck on the season

rainmax

Founding Member

32 Habano 2000 for wrapper planted today. I will add cords for support later. Let them grow first.

wrapper.jpg wrapperHabano2000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.