Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Blending Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old#12

Over the last six months I've been providing rolling classes at our local cigar shop. I have a vague memory about a wheel that assists in understanding and assisting in blending leaf. I've attempted to search for related threads but have been unsuccessful. I know this in older topic but I think it would be beneficial in the quest to understand blends. Sure would appreciate info on where one might find it. #12

DGBAMA

Knucks will be along shortly with a link. I know it is posted here somewhere.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks Knucks I think that'll be big help. #12

Since everyone's taste and preference is different, blending for others will be quite a challenge. You know what you like, but knowing what others may like is a shot in the dark. Keep us posted on your progress and maybe post some blends. Best of luck.

Old#12

Ya Knucks it's interesting and sometimes difficult to understand our own preferences when it comes to cigar blends so it is even more difficult to get someone else through their first blending experience. I find it interesting that a lot of people don't know the basic features of cigars they have been smoking for years. The whole RYO experience really opens up a whole new appreciation for people who are doing it for the first time. I usually start out by asking them what brands or wrappers they like if they know. One of the things I like about this hobby is trying to unlock the secrets behind the world's premium blends. Now that I'm growing my own, it's getting that much more interesting. #12

Status
Not open for further replies.