Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dreamsoul 2015 Grow Blog 1st Try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamsoul

Update

Now they start to taking off , some didn't survive , probably i will use some that i keep in backup vase .
They are just a little bigger then in this photos , the leaf's of some are huge , and this is the next problem , probably it's time to get them an hair cut , right ?
For what i read here its just the top leafs right ? cut like half of the leaf ?
Other problem i saw its some of them are growing slightly curve , the main trunk , i think its visible in photos , this will be a problem in future ?

nA4oFxMh.jpg

MilOcKHh.jpg

FoLLP1Wh.jpg

TvP23dWh.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yes, they appear ready for a haircut. About half the leaf is fine. Do not cut the growth tip.
As you transplant into the patch, you can remove the bottom seed leaves (the round leaves) and a couple of the bottom true leaves, then bury the seedling deeper. The crook in the stem will probably end up under ground.
Your seedlings look healthy. The haircut will help strengthen the stem.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
With regard to the crooked stems, be sure to transplant them with the roots directly down, no matter which way the upper stalk is pointing. The stalk will alter its direction of growth to point upward. Crooked transplants seem to have no significant impact on the ultimate height of the stalk or the overall growth of the plant, even if the bend is entirely above ground after transplant.

Bob

Dreamsoul

Thanks Knuck and Bob for the advices

Today I made the haircut , cut more or less half of the leafs like knuck advice.

Now i understand why I have so many crooked steams Bob , that probably was my fault , when I put one each cup :confused: .
When i transplant them to ground I will take that advice seriously. Thanks Bob

Dreamsoul

Some updates , last week I planted almost of them to the ground , more or less the ones that have more then flat of the hand, 30/35 cm of height.

I think that pass more than 20 years that a grab a hoe , so this was an hard job :)

All that have been planted survived .

I was ready to open a war to the snails and slugs , normally I have a lot of them , but until now they don't appear , instead I start a war with pigeons, they discover that was funny or tasteful peck the leafs.

So my first step was put an scarecrow, and for now it seem's that is working , i think the next step its change the diet of my cats to roasted or grilled pigeons :)

Dreamsoul

So far so good , they are grow up as expected.

I have doubt , i think i read something about cut the flower's , and just leave the ones for seed , this is really important to do , it will affect the grown up ?

eBkDxAjl.jpg

qtBvnkgl.jpg

MmchBHZl.jpg

d1M1aUNl.jpg

sq8k617l.jpg

QSiGZ9Zl.jpg

H9AJVJ7l.jpg

DGBAMA

Cutting the flowers makes the plant put all its energy into making bigger leaves.

If you plan on saving seed you should "bag" the flower head of the plants you want seed from to prevent cross pollination.

Looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.