Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

pine tree seeder in cessna 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Founding Member
seeder 002.JPGseeder 003.JPGseeder 004.JPG Just for the novelty of it these are some photo's of the pine tree seeder in the cessna 180. We can seed 7 acres per minute with this little gem. The seeding occurs at 100 feet above the ground level at 100 mph. It works pretty good with high survival rates

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
we deliver fertilizer once a year to airports around the area...

and these planes load in the front.. and fly over planted pines throwing fertilizer from above,
i talked to a ground guy there, once because i thought it was a waste to fertilize a pine field with at least 8'' of pine straw on the ground....
'' i just couldnt figure out '' how the fertilizer would get to the root, network with all the dead matter that is on a forest floor,

but he said it really works, and theyve done studies, that showed that fertilized pines were ready to harvest

5 years before unfertilized pines,

[ im sure that will be on the list of useless knowledge i will remember forever ]

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I wondered how they reseeded those things. Are those pelleted seed? I just assumed those low flying planes were always looking for pot fields.

DrBob

Founding Member
nope just regular seed cleaned and coated with a little zinc for mold. As far as looking for pot fields it aint me..

DrBob

Founding Member
as far as fertilization goes about 185# per acre are used. A job for an airtractor 802 which is capable of hauling around 6400# of material, just about enough for 40 acres per load.

Status
Not open for further replies.