Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New member from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzdonlife

Hi y'all. I am planning on growing tobacco next year for the first time, looks like a lot of fun from the grow logs I've read. I might order seed this year, I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking black sea samsun, some type of Virginia, and a burley, but I haven't decided on which varieties of VA and burley. I will be growing for pipe and some full flavored cigarettes.

ChinaVoodoo

I grew black Sea Samsun last year, my first year. I think it's a good choice. I like it a lot. However, I keep hearing people raving about Samsun-Maden. Never had it though.

Welcome to the forum.

By the way, if I was you, I'd grow something this year. II'd kick myself if I realized after the fact that I could have grown something minimal.

ArizonaDave

Hi y'all. I am planning on growing tobacco next year for the first time, looks like a lot of fun from the grow logs I've read. I might order seed this year, I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking black sea samsun, some type of Virginia, and a burley, but I haven't decided on which varieties of VA and burley. I will be growing for pipe and some full flavored cigarettes.

Virginia Gold is a good grower, so is Ergo Burley. I'm sure others will chime in too.

blitzdonlife

I think Ill give it a shot this year after all. So Samsun Maden, Virginia Gold, and Ergo Burley. Should I grow another oriental for a different flavor? Anyone here grow Yenidje before? Where is the best place to buy seed? I saw someone on here I think named skychaser that sells seed from their website (forgot the name). Thanks for the help all.

bonehead

i would grow at least a few plants this year. i grow a garden full and also grow some in five gallon sheet rock spackle buckets with around 10 or so half inch holes in the bottom. you can have a suprisingly good results in containers. they just need to be watered more often when it is dry out. you can't beat skychasers quality and quantity for the money. it is a good family owned business. http://northwoodseeds.com/Seed List2.htm you won't be sorry.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

blitzdonlife

I put in a germ plasma request for samsun maden, Virginia Gold, burley tn 90, and bursa. I have my fingers crossed it works and get some seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.