Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

BarG 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
101_0076.jpg Yesterday I started hardening my plants for full sun. I set them out around from 11- 2:00 before the wilt got worrisome. I put them back in the green house and gave a gallon of water in the box that holds the tray which amounts to a 1/4" deep. witin an hour they went from dry to wet soil wise and I gave them a leaf cut.I put them back out for overnight in late afternoon and left overnight. This is at almost noon pic. I will leave them out as possible to see if they are ready before transplant. I need every plant possible to survive, since I kept no backups.

BarG

Founding Member
101_0077.jpg They will make it all day full sun ,moderate temp and breezy, 2:00 and no wilt. I will leave out till monday morning to be sure and till in my black kow in 5 rows tomorrow. I made a garden just the right size for this flat with a mix of oriental close spacing and cigar and cigarette. 40% chance of rain Tue. thru thursday then 80 % friday. Like we need some more here. If I don't plant soon they will get leggy [that would be no bueno] without moving all to bigger containers.

BarG

Founding Member
Corn, peas,tomatoes,potatoes,beans,squash,peppers,cucumbers,and tobacco. Tobacco took a backseat this year. I never know what my summer will bring work wise , I am replenishing other needs. I still have 50 quarts of tomatoes and roma beans but i love them fresh even better, and fresh purple hull peas and cornbread with salt pork can't be beat.

BarG

Founding Member
I have 2 dozen samsuns . A lb of dried and cured samsun from 2913. I like it.. They are small leaves and I laid them on chicken wire stretched on a frame to dry that year.

I have a new grandson cooking in my daughters oven. What should I build him to welcome him. I made cradles and dressers for to last but this is #6 for me and the first boy for this daughter. I need something more special.

Status
Not open for further replies.