Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Eaglet Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

These eaglets are due to hatch this weekend:

http://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/bald-eagle-live-cam

Momma has been lining the nest with feathers this morning. Looks like Poppa musta brought her a dead bird to pluck for the purpose. I've been following this bald eagle cam. I think I have figured out the orientation and all. Across the road at two oclock from the camera is Codorus Reservoir. McSherrystown is five miles or so at ten oclock. When I motorcycle to FX Smith's Sons, I ride up the other side of that reservoir, then hang a left through Hanover to McSherrystown. Beautiful ride. This pair of eagles no doubt live off the fish in the reservoir. Poppa brings her a fish every once in a while, and spells her when she needs a good fly. Alleghenies are behind the camera. Glen Rock is ten miles to the right.

USHOG

Very cool. The eagles are very neat to watch. We have a few bald eagles that nest in the power lines behind our house ever year. I enjoy watching them

bonehead

i really like watching the ospreys fish early and late in the day when most of the public is absent from the boat only accesable shoreline. years ago me and my son used to fish for herring for bait along side the ospreys. they would show us where to cast when they left with a fish. it worked almost every time.

webmost

One eaglet hatched so far. Papa is sitting. He brought a fish for junior to snack.

charlie G.

I have been watching the cam for 3 weeks now. It's amazing what these Eagles went threw to hatch their eggs.
I saw one day when we had 6in of snow the bird was totality covered but the head with snow but stayed on the eggs.
Nature is amazing.

charlie G.

I saw one egg hatched yesterday and and the other hatched this morning. A proud Mom and Pop

webmost

Watched 'em feed this morning. Both eaglets thriving. Growing like magic. Keep Mom & Pop busy fetching fish.

charlie G.

I'm not sure if anyone has looked at the Eagle nest cam lately but since the Eagle chicks have hatched the nest looks like a butcher shop.
The parent Eagles have stored enough food to feed the chicks for a few days. I saw yesterday there was 2 furred critters and 8 fish, which look like fresh water shad.
The mom & pop eagles are sure great providers.

webmost

I'm not sure if anyone has looked at the Eagle nest cam lately but since the Eagle chicks have hatched the nest looks like a butcher shop.
The parent Eagles have stored enough food to feed the chicks for a few days. I saw yesterday there was 2 furred critters and 8 fish, which look like fresh water shad.
The mom & pop eagles are sure great providers.

They sure are.

Compare this to the chicks in the San Diego hawk nest. Most of the time, both parents are out hunting, and like as not they come back empty taloned. Zero pantry. Most there is to eat is flies. That's the diff between living in a bleak wasteland like SoCal as opposed to the land of plenty in Pennsyltucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.