Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

THE OFFICIAL LIST OF STRAINS IM PLANTING THIS YEAR,,,comments welcome,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
if you have personal knowledge of having grew a strain before, please add your comments on what you thought of that type of baccy,,,

some not many on this list ive tried, or had sent to me by fair trade friends,,,

ive planted all of these,,, some more, some less, but no fewer than 60 per strain,,,

im growing them,, and hoping to find a few strains i like, and next year filling the area up with my top choice of baccy's but this year all of them is going for a test run

im focusing, on the TN90 BURLEY,,Y,T,B,...DARK VIRGINIA,,,,,SILVER RIVER,,,BURSA,,,,14L8

^^^ THAT WILL BE MY PERSONAL LIST ,,, THE REST WE WILL SEE HOW I LIKE THE STRAIN,,,VS,,,,if it will make next years cut,,,

but you review of a certain strain may be helpfull. after i tag this thread,

my choices for this years grow is,

>MONTE CALME YELLOW
VAVILOV
SILK-LEAF
ERGO
CUBAN PIEATE
CT. SHADE LEAF
HAVANA
14L8 BURLEY
TN 90 LK BURLEY
BIG-GEM
YELLOW TWIST BUD
WHITE STOCK BURLEY
DARK VIRGINIA
OTTOMAN HY
LIZARD TAIL
TURTLE FOOT
SILVER RIVER BURSA,

ANY comment on any strain would be helpfull

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Chicken,
I believe that Don felt the Monte Calme Yellow to be indistinguishable from the TN90. With the exception of the CT. Shade, your list looks like an interesting cigarette collection.

Bob

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Jimmy, I have grown CT Shade for the last two years. I have made so many darn fool mistakes that I don't have any definitive data for you yet. BUT !!, I have some of last years crop block kilned and coming up to case right now. In a week or so I'll have cigars rolled and I'll report to you then.

John

BigBonner

Founding Member
Chicken

The TN 90 will have leaves pointing slightly upward . It is a good tobacco . Makes a little lighter smoking cig . I grew 1 acre this year with my regular burley just to have for sales . It will produce good poundage and good size leaves if the weather is right

I really like 14-L8 the leaves will get long and drop over like a unbrella . It will produce more pound than the TN 90 and will have darker leaves than the TN 90 .

Bursa and ottoman , make sure to mark which one is which . I grew both side by side they looked just alike . The leaves don't get anywhere as big as the burley varietys .

Here is a picture of Bursa in the middle . TN 90 On the right and Dark air on the left . The dark air on the left is about how 14-L8 will look .
btcJP.jpg

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Bursa and ottoman , make sure to mark which one is which . I grew both side by side they looked just alike . The leaves don't get anywhere as big as the burley varietys .

And this is why it is going to be difficult to come up with an "official" list. I grew Ottoman and Bursa last year and all my Ottoman was 2 feet taller than the Bursa.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive got hundreds of suervey stakes,,,,,im gonna support each plant rather it need it or not,

and mark the stake with the plant name its tied to,,,

great info. so far on the similarities,,and differences of the strains,

Status
Not open for further replies.