Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

my powermatic shredder is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
looks like its time to redneck something,

it appears as if my motor went out.. i may have to either rig me up a new motor .. with a dimmer switch for speed control.

perhaps weld a pulley onto the gears that drive the roller blades, and use a belt,

or disassemble a sewing machine and possiblly use its guts to fix my problem.

im not disappointed... it gave me many good shreds,

ill remake it better,,,badder,,,and perhaps to where, it will never go down on me again,

DGBAMA

Hate to hear that. If you pinpoint the problem, call PM, and ask about parts before you modify it.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Hate to hear that. If you pinpoint the problem, call PM, and ask about parts before you modify it.

well i had the help of a buddy.. that knows more about relays.. e.t.c.

than me. and we tried everything. even tripped the breaker once in his house, i believe a modification is the only way to bring it back to life

bonehead

would a grill rotisserie motor work? if you could figure out how to adapt one it might work. i have one that is pretty powerful and slow but still use it.

Freeotatv

Chicken..which gen did you ha e? How many years did it last you?

Just curious on how long a life i should expect

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Chicken..which gen did you ha e? How many years did it last you?

Just curious on how long a life i should expect

I had the first model..it lasted about 3---4 years..but my wife I believe did the damage by running too moist bacca thru it...and shoving too much at one time thru it...

DGBAMA

I had the first model..it lasted about 3---4 years..but my wife I believe did the damage by running too moist bacca thru it...and shoving too much at one time thru it...

Moist baccy....have your removed the side gears and see if the motor turns? I did that to mine, and the cutters were just so clogged it would do nothing. spent a couple hours picking out all the jammed stuff and works like new.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Moist baccy....have your removed the side gears and see if the motor turns? I did that to mine, and the cutters were just so clogged it would do nothing. spent a couple hours picking out all the jammed stuff and works like new.

yeah.. i tore it completelly apart,,,,the motor is shot.. the next step is to bypass the relay

if nothing works after tinkering with it this weekend. im gonna take it to work with me, and have a manual handle put on it,

Status
Not open for further replies.