Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco Leaf Scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie G.

I'm not sure witch forum to ask this question but thought the grows might know.
Can tobacco leaf scraps be used as mulch on a flower bed.
I am just wondering in leaf scraps from my cigar rolling can be put in a flower bed as mulch?
Not that I have that much small scrap after rolling but just hate to keep throwing out with the trash.
If not on a flower bed could it be used along the foundation walls to deter certain insects, such as ants

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you feel you should toss it, compost it prior to spreading it in the garden. The nicotine (and its effectiveness in discouraging insects) will be fairly rapidly eluted from the leaf by rain.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

In that case what about making a solution to later use as a spray by soaking the leaves? Would that work, or does the nicotine have a limited life in solution?

chuditch

I would use it for short filler or pipe tobacco. If I just didn't like that, I'd give it to homeless people.

That is such a nice thought. I will keep that in mind myself can shred it and they can use rolling papers good thought I will do that in future.

On an amusing note someone at a party at my daughters house left a packet of tobacco and papers at her place and she gave it to a homless guy she always walked past on the way to work who she usually gave any left over food to and gave the packet an papers to him.
She said he smiled at her for days passing found out why later when the person who left it at her place contacted her to say he had left his pouch of pot at her place.
Happy homless person, it went to someone who got some relaxation and a better day from it.

Gdaddy

I use scraps to make tobacco extract and some for short filler cigars. Nothing goes to waste.

Smokin Harley

Make scrapper sticks with it...do a search on "how to make Cuban Sandwich style cigars" kind of a long filler with a short leaf(chop/scrap) core...turns out some pretty tasty cigars .

charlie G.

Thanks for all the info guys. I do save the decent sized scraps for rolling. But the tiny cut offs I might now try using them for pipe tobacco.
I roll about 4 to 5 cigars a day so it really adds up. Just wondered weather it would hurt to throw some in the flower beds.
I can tell you the scraps that hit the floor my nutty Lab pup sneaks over and chews on them so he gets those.

Status
Not open for further replies.