Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Who has TN90 they want to give me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Here's the deal. This year I'm growing ( among other things) Monte Calm Brun (MCB) and Monte Calm Yellow (MCY). Since some people speculate that TN90 is the same as MCY I thought I'd do a little experiment. If you send me some seed I'll plant 4 each of MCY,MCB and TN90. I will record the height of each plant and the days till first bud. I'll also prime the lower leaves and weigh them. I will also measure several of the lower leaves and record the width and length. After they are cured, I'll weigh them again then put them in my kiln. After they are "done" I'll shred all 3 varieties and send you a sample of each. I'll actually send you 4 samples, One of each variety plus a second sample of one of the varieties. They will be labelled A, B, C and D. You smoke them and tell what they are. Kind of like a single blind experiment. All I ask is you send me seed for free, be sure your seed is pure and have the patience to wait for your sample until about November 2012.

Randy B

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I'll be really interested in your results Randy. Please let me know too. I'm going to try some Monte Calm this year and if the TN-50 is milder I'll try that next.

John

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Send me your address and I'll send you some of BB's seeds he sent me.

Are you sure there is nothing else in the seed collection you want to grow? I can send all of those with the TN 90 seeds ;)

BigBonner

Founding Member
Don
If you need more TN 90 ,14 / L8 , TN 86 etc ,let me know . I can get more

I may need a few more different types to grow as plants and my own crop .

I thought about Ergo burley
Anyone else have favorites that they think I should try or the most wanted types of plants that I can add to my plant sale list ?

Rnady B
I have one rail of TN 90 left hanging to strip . To get a accurate weight and size of leavs you would have to have the perfect growing season .

One year I may get 2000 lbs per acre and the next I may get 2800 lbs per acre .Weather has alot to do with the weight and quality of tobacco .A good wind storm I get no lbs per acre .

johnlee1933

Founding Member
BB, It's really fun to listen to you talk about acres of tobacco. My two plots are about 10' X 12' with a few of my friends caring for maybe a dozen plants more. I do agree with the windstorm comment. Hail works just fine too.

John

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Randy B
I have one rail of TN 90 left hanging to strip . To get a accurate weight and size of leavs you would have to have the perfect growing season .
BB... That's why I'm going to grow all three at once. If I get a good year or a crappy year the results of each variety will be relative to each other. Whatever the outcome... I'm gonna burn 'em!

Daniel

Banned
Not Me, I am joining the big time. Almost 2000 plants this year. I figure that should qualify me for an official farmers cap and overalls. I had my pitch fork just yesterday but left in leaning on the fence when I came in. But I am ready now for the big league. I am thinking of a rain bird cap. What you all think of that? I know John Deer is far more traditional but I don't want to blend in to much.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I used to have a Red Man chewing tobacco cap. My ex threw it away because she said it made my look like a hillbilly...it was my most favorite cap I ever owned.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I used to run a custom golf club business and still wear "Golfsmith" logo white caps.
Remember the good guys wear white hats.

John

Boboro

Hats gust make me look like a hillbilly but Ihave to keep all that hair some where I dont want to look like a red neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.