Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

suggest the best fertilizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

James442

Banned
What is the right time to plant tobacco manure?suggest some good fertilizers...

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
James, The best fertilizers are the one's based on a soil test. No sense in throwing down fertilizer if you don't know what you need in the way of nutrients. Stay away from fertilizers that end in "Chloride". The chloride part of a fertilizer (if applied in high amounts) will prevent your cured leaf from burning. Too much Nitrogen will increase the nicotine content of the leaf and make the leaves hard to cure.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Search the Internet for your local Agricultural Extension Service. Give them a call, and find out how to submit a soil sample. Depending on your mystery state, the cost can range from free to $20, and takes a week or two. They will likely provide a suitable sample container. Their analysis and report will make fertilizer recommendations for your specific crop (tobacco).

Bob

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
If you search....the site thier is extensive information on Fertilizer..,..

Allthough ive. Delivered to many farms...a 6--6--18...with boron in it...

If you search youll find a picture of my ticket for a load of. Bacca Fertilizer...

mountbaldy

First time baccy farmer
I tried Jobe's Tomatoe Spikes this year. So far things look great. I used that and Alaskan fish emulsion. Nothing more!

Smokin Harley

I started my seedlings with Superthrive and field fertilized with Milorganite and compost(with lots of egg shells and coffee grounds) ...my first grow harvest turned out awesome .

Status
Not open for further replies.