Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

help identify havana plants???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansonPR

Hi all,

Based in your expertise can you identify which type of havana are those plants, mid leaves are 24+ in. long and cured to a brown color???

Attachments

• havanas.jpg
    havanas.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 15
  • hoja grande.jpg
    hoja grande.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 12

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That's some beautiful leaf. Although I can't identify it, I would be rather happy with it so far.

The node spacing is close, similar to photos from the Vuelta Abajo, but I would guess that it is the result of the latitude, rather than the variety.

Here are photos of a number of Havana varieties: http://nicotianaprojectnet.ipage.com/cigar_binder.htm. The plants in the photos were all grown near Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You have some good looking soil there and you did a fine job raising those plants. How about pictures of some of the cured leaf?

Here are 14 varieties from GRIN that have Havana in their name. Click each variety, if it has photos, they will be at the bottom of the page, click to enlarge.
http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npg...+Tabacum+Havana&submit=Submit+Text+Query&si=0

The plants in the photos are being grown for seed, so they are not topped and probably have suckers growing.

sansonPR

thank's for your comments. i looked at the links but i can't match with mine. by the way i have a lot of these plant seeds if someone want to trade. Have no information of the profile of the leafs since is my first grow.

Last edited:

sansonPR

lady said that the closest match is havana 608. does anybody grows it and help???

Matty

The leaves look thin, like wrapper or maybe lack of nitrogen, but the plants look healthy anyway. Also, the picture shows them at a young stage, some pictures of the same plants but more mature might help.

sansonPR

Yes they are thin. Maybe were primmed to early. Will post some pics of dry ones. Next harvest i will primme later when they turns more yellow. Thaks for all your help!!!

sansonPR

This is how they are air curing..at the left are the first primed and at right the last primed.

20150402_091202 (600x800).jpg20150402_091258 (600x800).jpg

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Hi all,

Based in your expertise can you identify which type of havana are those plants, mid leaves are 24+ in. long and cured to a brown color???

A friend to me grow Havana 322 Last year, his pictures looked almost like your.. Trying to get em of him again

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sorry I can't get the photo one Havana#322, he only had it on postcard. And I don't think I find it in the children's room.. And if I found it would it not be a a Garanti that you have the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.