Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Very proud dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuditch

Gentlemen and ladies,
I am a very proud dad.
My son has gone back into the army on a six month contract as of two weeks ago last Tuesday and is to be deployed on the 19th of this month.
His unit has taken him from the clerical roll he did for 7 years in the regular army due to an injury and put him as a section leader on a door kicking squad.
He had the option to opt out of that roll but has stepped up to do it.
He has a two week training refresher then off to a hotter environment for acclimatization and two weeks more training then off to play.
We can't post on face book and other places due to the advice from the army to not mention military things connections due to terrorism and making family a target but felt safe to post here.
Its 39 years since I got out of the military.
I wish him and his fellow soldiers of all the coalition countries well and to keep safe.
Alistair

Ben Brand

Alistair.
Hope your`e okay. Long time since I heard from you.
Gongrats on your son, hope and pray all the soldiers are okay, wherever they are.
Without giving away to much info, my son is also busy with specialized training in the Royal Marines UK, he will go to ???? in a few months time, very worrying for me, but that's what he`s trained for. Being ex military myself, I suppose that our parents were anxious as well, did a few months in Angola and Zimbabwe in the 1970`s, the now not so famous SA bush war.
On a lighter note how is the cigar rolling going?
All the best.
Ben

chuditch

Alistair.
Hope your`e okay. Long time since I heard from you.
Gongrats on your son, hope and pray all the soldiers are okay, wherever they are.
Without giving away to much info, my son is also busy with specialized training in the Royal Marines UK, he will go to ???? in a few months time, very worrying for me, but that's what he`s trained for. Being ex military myself, I suppose that our parents were anxious as well, did a few months in Angola and Zimbabwe in the 1970`s, the now not so famous SA bush war.
On a lighter note how is the cigar rolling going?
All the best.
Ben

Hi Ben only had a couple of attempts with the cigarette tobacco leaves I have and they turned out not to bad and the moulds I got worked fine.
The drew ok but tasted like a cigarette so was basicly just a practice at rolling.
This coming season around August will get the seeds started for my wifes cigarette tobacco and my cigar tobacco :D
Looking forward to that.
The cigarette tobacco has come out fantastic and the kiln I built as worked rather well have surprised myself there.
Have a good variety of cigar tobacco seeds now hoping to get some Turkish to put into the cigarette as a blend and then will have a nice variety.
Angola and the Bush War are notable conflicts and there are many ex SA citizens and ex Rhodesians here in Australia who served and belong to local Returned Service Leagues
The Royal Marines now there is a force. Watched a TV series on their training recently, and they have a noble and proud history.
They would I think be some of the best trained at what they do and I wish him well and that he comes home safe.
My son is going to be part of a group small teams to do as they call it door kicking 4 man teams and he is to be a team leader so well done him very proud as you are of your son and yes I can see how our parents probably felt and all the other parents and hope they all come home safe

Ben Brand

Had my first cigar of this seasons crop, after 2 weeks fermenting( couldn`t wait) very nice, some Dominican Olor and Vuelta Abajo ligero, Criollo 98 Seco. will try a new roll after another 3 weeks just to see if anything changes.
I must also start my new grow in August.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I wish him all the best..and a safe return home..

The way this world is going......looks like. we will be kicking in doors for years to come..

LewZephyr

All the best to him and his team.
I've been out of the army since 92, but my heart is still with them.
I understand your pride and joy for him.

bonehead

it is amazing how people can come together for the rite reasons. we had a proud family in our inner circle slash neighborhood. one of the groups sons was devin anderson and he served our little corner proud. we sent him care packages when he was stationed in the desert and couldn't get any alcohol. we got the grade school kids involved for donations and letters of incouragement. the kids concentrated on hygene products and cookies. if you take a carefully opened listerine bottle and add some alcohol with food coloring and a note you can make a whole bunch of teenagers far from home feel like YES. good and apreciated. some of the deployed still have friends from the school. some of the best people were in not so nice places and came out of it better people. i hope and pray for everyone in a ?

chuditch

it is amazing how people can come together for the rite reasons. we had a proud family in our inner circle slash neighborhood. one of the groups sons was devin anderson and he served our little corner proud. we sent him care packages when he was stationed in the desert and couldn't get any alcohol. we got the grade school kids involved for donations and letters of incouragement. the kids concentrated on hygene products and cookies. if you take a carefully opened listerine bottle and add some alcohol with food coloring and a note you can make a whole bunch of teenagers far from home feel like YES. good and apreciated. some of the deployed still have friends from the school. some of the best people were in not so nice places and came out of it better people. i hope and pray for everyone in a ?
We sent a cake to one of his friends who was deployed a couple of years back soldered into a tin a fruit cake with lots of brandy to make sure it didnt go off. Received an email from him asking how do we open it and I suggested the time honoured way thats what a bayonet is for. Apparently the section really enjoyed that cake at christmas

bonehead

We sent a cake to one of his friends who was deployed a couple of years back soldered into a tin a fruit cake with lots of brandy to make sure it didnt go off. Received an email from him asking how do we open it and I suggested the time honoured way thats what a bayonet is for. Apparently the section really enjoyed that cake at christmas
you should have read all the cards to the students. they were all respectful and uplifting. everyone deployed in the group thanked them for the hygene products. the mouth wash was the big hit. i heard you are not supposed to drink listerine. the 20 year old listerine was devided up one night and there were so many happy people that were so appreciative. i still talk to some of them over a decade later. we sent more than one package and they still remember and a bunch of us old s%%ts still laugh about it.

chuditch

you should have read all the cards to the students. they were all respectful and uplifting. everyone deployed in the group thanked them for the hygene products. the mouth wash was the big hit. i heard you are not supposed to drink listerine. the 20 year old listerine was devided up one night and there were so many happy people that were so appreciative. i still talk to some of them over a decade later. we sent more than one package and they still remember and a bunch of us old s%%ts still laugh about it.

Good on you it makes a pleasant memory knowing you cheered them up and I remember receiving things from home an friends when I was away and the mail service here allows us to send up to 2kg free to the troops so that is good and an incentive. And other than the 20 year old Listerine the listerine itself is very alcoholic and as an expara medic I know preferred to pick up the alcoholics who were drinking that to Metho smelt much better if nothing else

BarG

Founding Member
My dad and granddad brought stuff home from the wars they were in. Theres no harm in that so a child can understand.

BarG

Founding Member
I still have a fine Japanese rifle with all the chrysanthiums and nickel barreling. I wish I had all the jap stuff that was in my garage as a kid. My dad fought them and came home. I have worked for them before and my dad was pissed.I don't blame him. It was all about the money for me. I know better now . Know your enimies bottom line. Don't befriend what may be your enemy. Make them prove they aint. Hehheh. My best dead friend was Armenian, And I miss that ****er. He was a Christian.

The son of a gun drowned in lake Limestone and had a heart attack while he was doing it. Pissed me off. Anyway Armenians are persecuted by Iranians.They had to leave their home country. Did I mention he was a mechanic on a par with my granddad,

Last edited:

Ben Brand

Know your enimies bottom line. Don't befriend what may be your enemy. Make them prove they aint.
BarG, I like that. Makes you think, doesn`t it!!!!

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Know your enimies bottom line. Don't befriend what may be your enemy. Make them prove they aint.
BarG, I like that. Makes you think, doesn`t it!!!!

Ben I think "it" makes alot of people think.
Me myself thinking more like: I am happy to live in a old-time neutral country.. If you don't known what I mean I can tell you, make friends with everyone and then put a knife in their back.. Hope you understand that I am totally honest but in the same way not...

Status
Not open for further replies.