Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Canada Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Why would the Canadian border customs return a package ?

I sent one to a person in Alberta Canada , the package sit there for a long time .Tracking said " Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review ".
The package sit in customs for 12 days .

Now the package is being sent back to me . This is my first problem shipping to Canada .
Items in the package .
1 Cigar roller
1 Chaveta Free
1 Container with a small amount of glue . Free
2 LB of several samples of tobacco labeled , Havana , Ct Broad leaf , Dark air , and red tips . Free

Maybe the free part was the problem , Honestly it was free .

I guess I will know in a couple of days as I understand the package will have a paper in it with the explanation .

BigBonner

Founding Member
Although it is considered a gift, is it a requirement to state the product's value?

That is what I am thinking the problem is . But I spent $84 with insurance to ship it .
I will probably have to pay another $84 to re ship it back .
12 days in customs is a long time .

Matty

From what I know, free means it's labeled as a gift. Problem is, tobacco products cannot be labled "gift". I think I remember something about a limit to the monetary value of the gift as well. Time will tell I guess. Sorry to hear about the trouble, I've never heard of this happening either.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
It is a interesting problem.. I will check how my country (Sweden) would do if you send the same things over here..

-Sorry to to see that you have problems, I really like your activity

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Sounds like a rookie customs agent got to assess your shipment or your buyer never claimed or paid the tax on the order. It's been a while, but I've had orders returned from Canada and there is no cost to you when the package is returned.

BigBonner

Founding Member
The package never got past the Canada Border Services Agency customs review.

My customer called them and they told him .
Canada customs is sending it back to you. They would not tell me why, but there should be a message in the package when its is returned. The Lady I spoke with said it could be damaged is one reasons they stopped it .

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sounds like a rookie customs agent got to assess your shipment or your buyer never claimed or paid the tax on the order. It's been a while, but I've had orders returned from Canada and there is no cost to you when the package is returned.
Sounds realistic. Thanks for that"FmGrowit"

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The Lady I spoke with said it could be damaged is one reasons they stopped it .

That actually makes the most sense. Since you insured the package, the Canadian border service wouldn't let it get into the country so there wouldn't be any question as to where the package was damaged.

Unfortunately, getting the USPS to honor an insurance claim will be a lifelong challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.