Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

newbie mess up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringanator

Well I messed up got my tabacco seeds split them up between to trays to germination thinking only a small percentage would germinate...well that was not the case I would have to say 95% germinated now I got seedlings coming out the ears lol transplanted 150 didn't even make a dent in the first tray educated guess prob 6-7 hundred plants left to transplant. oh well better then nothing coming up lol

chuditch

Well I messed up got my tabacco seeds split them up between to trays to germination thinking only a small percentage would germinate...well that was not the case I would have to say 95% germinated now I got seedlings coming out the ears lol transplanted 150 didn't even make a dent in the first tray educated guess prob 6-7 hundred plants left to transplant. oh well better then nothing coming up lol
But look at all the lovely tobacco you are going to be able to grow if you can get more of them transplanted then plant out. Then you can time age your leaves over the next couple of years while you grow smaller crops next year and the year after and in three years time every year you will be smoking leaf that you have time aged for three nears in the natural method rather than in a kiln like I am. Well I think thats right I know I read that somewhere that grow three times more than you need year one. Then year two twice as much as you need. Then year three what you need yearly but you are now smoking the last of your first years leaf.

ArizonaDave

It seems that some seeds, almost all sprout, and others, only a few sprout. Once you get a few you types you like, you'll be able to keep the seeds fresh that you grow. Yes, it's better that most all came up.

CT Tobaccoman

I deliberately over seed then cull out. Also, I like to have back up seedlings. Not such a screw up. You might be glad to have lots of extras.

Brown Thumb

I plant a extra tray for each type.
Then set it and forget it on the top shelf. Oops I forgot to water them.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.