Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

looking for some silver river to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris m

Looking to grow silver river next year . But would like to try some to see if I would like it and start blending with other to see what would be good . I use general mint now and what would be good for snus I new and growing cigar for the first year and will add to that . Looked at whole leaf but didn't see it . I have gotten seed from two maybe three people . Just didn't over step my welcome . Thinking I'm wrong on this thanks Chris

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Silver river is excellent if you ain't find some you can also go for Bolivian black "criollo" they are very similar. Green brior do I like very much.
If you have high nicotine variants you can go for Burley-Jupiter (a very tasty low-nicotine Burley). A lot of Swedish home growers grow Aida (Å-hus).

chris m

Yes I hear that the silver river would be good . And it's sold in two places . Will get some for next year .but this group is great . Was given six varieties .

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
It is actually called Alida and I see on several posts where it is the same as Ahus.

Yes Alida was living in south Sweden one a farm in Å-hus. It's the resent that the variants have 2 names. P-O Green's linked to one of the story's of the seed:
http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/2924-In-my-search-for-tobacco-info-I-need-help/page2

-I do not believe in that story but its the official and the seed is from her farm. But if the seed really come from those dead seed it's really the question (it's another story how tell that they grow Alida one the farm after the woman's death to save the seed. And the truth will we never know. And it would not make any really different..

Status
Not open for further replies.