Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic shredder ressurection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Well keep us updated on what you do...I haven't messed with my broke powermatic yet....been too busy getting the garden ready and planting the flowers e.t.c. I got going for my yard...

BarG

Founding Member
101_0066.jpg
I gutted the motor and electrical. I tapped the shaft out of the I guess armature and added on to it using a sleeve so I can use a drill or soon a motor with the correct rpm. I used both ends of the motor housing with the bearings to attach to side frame of unit. I am back to rolling my own. I went a week without smoking the way I like and it weren;t no fun. the hardest part was scrounging in my shop for the sleeve and a partial old shaft the same size that had been cut and was barely long enough for the add on..

BarG

Founding Member
the weak point of the whole shredder is all the controls. Kind of like a new riding lawnmower, the engine should last a long long time but the safety controls such as the seat switch, blade switch, gear switch, tip over switch, low oil switch, are the ones that cause 90% of the problems.
I bought my riding mower from my neighbor and he has it down for by passing all the safety controls on them. I can get off my mower while its running. I like it that way. When I buy new tools I reverse the springs for a saw guard or take the safety off a nail gun so I can just pull the trigger to shoot. They are actually safer the way I use them.

BarG

Founding Member
When the Powermatic shredders came out thru FTT Powermatic was giving away free gear sets due to screws vibrating loose and damaging the gears. They are plastic. As with all things these days it seems , It is cheaper and easier to buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.