Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

chris m's first grow blog 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

Well lat night I brought the tray of the four varieties that I got from Bob back in there's life in there some very small shoots . In other some glad loc containers I started what I got from Samson PR started a week later but there screw top container and there about 40 seedlings about 1/8 inches tall and doing well and then in 16oz solo cup with a zip lock bag over it is what I got from north wood planted a few days later than the Havana and ct shade . And that's doing well . Thinking this past weekend I would have to start over I used a 72 cell seed tray and one cell per variety I replanted them all . And there starting to come up . Used just seed starting soil . So good learning process for me and what not to do

I'm still using the red cups like a dufus, with one exception. I fill the potting soil to near the top, so that the little guys can get plenty of light. Then again, you can always cut the cup down closer to the soil line.....

chris m

No real change to the seedling it's being a slow process . Not like the vegetables that are in there container .and they were started at the same time

sansonPR

I think the problem is with the seeds. Because those that you share with me did not sprout.

ArizonaDave

I have no idea what I did wrong . There not growing at all

I'm not sure if this will help, but this is what I've found. If the soil is too wet, the sprouts won't send down roots deep enough. If the light isn't close enough to the sproutings, it will slow their growth. I poke a hole in the bottom of the cups to let the soil drain, and don't over water. Only a mist per day.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
It could be a batch of bad seed...but patience is a must when starting seeds...some sprout quickly...and most take their time.

chris m

They spouted in the trays grew for three weeks transplant to there own pot and really have not changed that much . Seed from three people what I will do different next year seed smaller in the seed starting trays and thin from there instead of seeding a tray and transplanting from there and grow lights . Never have used them and thinking that is the problem . But started tomatoes around the same time but there been in the ground for a month

Knucklehead

Founding Member
They spouted in the trays grew for three weeks transplant to there own pot and really have not changed that much . Seed from three people what I will do different next year seed smaller in the seed starting trays and thin from there instead of seeding a tray and transplanting from there and grow lights . Never have used them and thinking that is the problem . But started tomatoes around the same time but there been in the ground for a month

Do you have any pictures? Pictures are always helpful.
I always notice a slow down period after any transplanting. It's one reason I seed direct to the cells and thin down, I hate disturbing the roots any more than necessary. By transplanting to larger cups, you've given the roots more room to spread, and hopefully the seedlings are just slightly dormant up top while the roots are spreading out again down below. That's what seems to happen when I transplant to the patch anyway. If so, they'll take off pretty soon.
Just to be safe, let them get fairly dry, then give them a dose of one tablespoon of Epsom Salts per gallon of water. Then start your feeding program with some water soluble fertilizer, like a 20-10-20. Don't over water. Water from the bottom. If you water from the top you can end up with compacted soil and cause spiral root or damping off. You have a full month left to turn them around and get some size on them. Make sure they are getting plenty of light. If you are leaving the lights on 24/7, I see a difference when I switch to using a timer and cut the lights off at night.

chris m

Well I did the Epson salt treatment and and will try for some pictures tomorrow . Hoping to get them turned around and have a grow this year

chris m

Hello I got some seedling from DGBAMA have the first few planted what was sent was GL 737 .Dixie bright 27 ,silver river and bolivian black crillo. . Will have pictures up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.