Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Fair Trade Tobacco Logo contest

You can enter as many as you want. You can't use any logo's already in use by anyone else. After about 30 days of no new entries, I'll close the thread and put the entries in a poll. Forum members will then vote on the logo's. If there is a flood of new members who all vote for the same logo, that logo will be eliminated from the competition. If someone figures out a way to slant the results in any way shape or form other than being the best design, their logo will be eliminated from the competition also.

The prize will be your choice from the remaining samples from the prize list

The value of these prizes are between $45 and $90...maybe more depending on what you choose. In exchange for this prize, you must agree to allow FTT to use the design unconditionally.

logo?

as in a catch phrase,,,,,,or some drawing,????

define>LOGO<

This is my Whole leaf tobacco logo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo_New-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	340

more logos

Name:	Famous-Logos.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	341

im on it>>>>>>

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my front yard and Mt. St. Helens to the North

This is my start of the project much more to go

Name:	Fair 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	342

Banned

Well I have ideas but cannot necessarily make designs on the computer. dkh, I like your start but think the fair trade should be above the circle and Tobacco centered below it.

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my front yard and Mt. St. Helens to the North

OK here is is Revision 5.0 with STILL much more to go
    This is from machining software and not really meant for drawing pictures
    I took a screen shot of the desktop. Next is to find or take a picture of some leaves or cigars or both and maybe a pipe

Name:	Fair 5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	343

I suppose in all fairness, a "design" doesn't necessarily have to mean the logo is ready for publishing. So if someone wants to sketch something on paper and scan it in order to post it, that would qualify as a design.

Here's my entry and I'm sticking to it... "Fair Trade Tobacco... Because Big Tobacco Blows"

Some tips on logo design.

For a design to be embroidered onto a hat, for example, the size would be limited to 2-1/2" high by 3-1/2" wide. Any text would need to be solid, with at least 1/4" tall characters.

As an example, this is a design I made up for a hike in the Grand Canyon.

The brown background is simply the color of the hat fabric. The text is sanserif. The total number of colors determines the embroidery cost. As a basis, I used a photo of a Bighorn Sheep that I had taken within the Canyon on a previous hike. (Only the males have those nice, recurving horns. This was a female.)

Here is how it came out. Even though the design utilizes the full 2.5"x3.5" dimensions, which fairly well fills the front of the hat, the text is just about as small as it can get and still be legible. Notice that all the text is upper case.

And my original 2001 photo from the Inner Gorge.

Of course, if it's just going to be printed as an image onto a hat, the only consideration is that the finest details must be thicker than the weave of the fabric, in order to not be lost when applied.

If you have Adobe Photoshop, or a similar graphics application, you can load a photograph, create a new blank layer above it, then carefully outline the zones for each color. The underlying photo layer is then deleted. For most embroidery shops, 5 colors is reasonable.

If a logo is to be used as an icon for the FTT website, then it would have no text, and must be rather simple to resolve at 16x16 pixels.

Here is one I created for the upcoming NicotianaSeedbank website:

Keep in mind that the only size icon that will appear in the browser address bar or in the "Favorites" menu is the tiny one on the far right.

Bob

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast