Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Founding Member

Fair Trade Tobacco Logo contest

As I am not good at PC skills , Maybe I can describe what I think it should look like .

A big golden tobacco On the front running from the left to right and WHOLELEAFTOBACCO written through the middle of it . Then two leaves down the Bill of the cap on the left and right edges . Like one leaf laying on each side . The hat needs to be a dark military blue .

I found a picture . The leafs should lay like the wheat on each side of the bill . Where the air force is , Is where the tobacco leaf should be with WHOLELEAFTOBACCO logo written accross the middle of the leaf . .

Banned

dkh, I like that second one much better. Larry I also agree on something with tobacco leaves.
    I am drawing a blank on any suggestions for the center of the dkh ring though.
    Anyone got any suggestions. The only thing that crossed my mind was hands shaking and I don't like that one even.
    Maybe nothing should go in there.
    I can draw no problem. I will see what I can do as far as scanning a drawing. I got my left hand bitten by my little dog yesterday. It woudl nto have been a problem except it bit down across two fignernails. split both of them. needless to say very painful. makes it hard to type and I am not sure how much drawing I can get done.

Nice pic Chicken, cool font too.

Tobacco leaves are hard to find on the internet...at least one with a side view with a little character.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fairtrade logo.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	350

Founding Member

Here is one

hows this,????

a scale..'' fair trade'' with some baccy in the sclae,,
    >
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_lziqqubQ8V1rp2k4lo1_1280.jpg  

ill make these bigger tomorrow,,, time for bed gotta go to work in the morning,

more logo's to come,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_lzirhyew5F1rp2k4lo1_1280.jpg  

Founding Member

Don, Looks like you stirred up a good one this time.
    Here’s my (twenty) two cents ----

The Logo’s we all recognize -- Coke, Nike (swish), Mercedes and FedEx are the products of millions of dollars, lots of years and some really bright minds. The minds we’ve got (I hope), the $ we don’t.
    FedEx is great. On the other hand USPS doesn’t make it. (No surprise there -- Our government at work)
    Simple is better.
    Something everybody recognizes is great e.g. (School bus yellow, UPS Brown, John Deere green).
    STIPULATED: I don’t have an artsy bone in my head. (But I do have some friends who do.<)))

That said, I like Chickens idea of a scale but it is too detailed. Why not take our initials FTT. Extend the top of the middle T to simulate a scale and put the leading and trailing F and T inside some representation of a tobacco leaf? That alone could work for the cap or shirt logo. Fair Trade Tobacco would be lettered above or below it in all printed materials (or even on the caps but I think that is too fussy). {I tried to factor in an upward pointed finger for the Tax man but that got too emotional.}
    For me the Logo is the heart of it. Make it striking and exclusive. How we get the world to recognize it is another matter.

Just an idea guys. Kick it around or to pieces as you see fit.

OK OK Make that 17 cents.

John

Banned

John, I really like the idea you have on FTT with the middle T being a scale.
    As for ther leaf I am thinking more of a tobacco leaf as it would lay on a table with maybe the FTT setting in it.
    The circle would also work with a scale in the center of it.

Founding Member

Daniel, I like it !
    Expanding on that you could tuck the leading and trailing F & T under the "scale" T as if they were hanging there. Their outer tips could be curved to match the circle (oval?) and maybe the edge of your background tobacco leaf. This would permit patches that could be sewn or printed on anything. They would be cheaper to produce, maybe in two sizes. Perhaps a horizontal oval design to better follow the leaf shape and fit caps better

John

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast