Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fair Trade Tobacco Logo contest

Daniel

Banned
I just did a real fast a sloppy sketch of the FTT and scale idea. Not trying to steal anyones idea. Just help with some sort of visual on that theme. this idea belongs to Johnlee
001.jpg
I will add. the F&T on the scale ned to be larger. Lettering needs to be centered etc. as i said this is sloppy. I can do much better than a rough hand sketch

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I just did a real fast a sloppy sketch of the FTT and scale idea. Not trying to steal anyones idea. Just help with some sort of visual on that theme. this idea belongs to Johnlee
View attachment 353

Thanks for the sketch. I haven't done that. I'll try and then see if I can scan and attach it I like it but think it needs to be simpler (read eye catching). Maybe take out some of the detail on the scale and make a bit closer to a T. Curve the lot to fit your circle/oval/leaf idea.

J

Daniel

Banned
Nice thoughts John, Give me a bit to work up another drawing. This one will be for real though so it takes a while.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In the Quick Reply box (below), click on the little "Insert Image" icon, then "select files" and "upload" your photo from your computer. Just keep the size down.
Tobacco_Prizes_2.JPG

Bob

EDIT: If you can't see the editing icons, then go to Settings, click on General Settings, then near the bottom of the settings page select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing, under the Miscellaneous settings.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
This is a test to see if I have learned how to upload images

Color curing on sun porch.jpg

Thanks Bob it worked.

J

Attachments

• croppractice1.jpg
    croppractice1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 8
  • croppractice2.jpg
    croppractice2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 9

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Well John, is this any closer?
View attachment 356

YES ! LOTS ! While the sizes work just fine I think maybe large Tshould be solid black. Maybe the sides of the T could be a bit plainer/straighter.
Finally, if it's not too cutesy the weighing pans could be small tobacco leaves. I'm not sure. What do you think?

Hey Don, If we win do we get duplicate prizes or maybe a a hat each? (Can't blame a guy for tryin':))

J

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If several members collaborate on the design that ultimately wins, all aspects of the collaboration will be recognized....that's only fair. The extent of participation is be weighed and rewards distributed accordingly. This doesn't necessarily mean a single prize will be divided among the collaborators either.

I like the scale idea, but might suggest a little emphasis being placed on "Fair"

scale.jpgor something like that.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
It's a thought Don, but to me it suggests "out of balance" or unequal and that's not fair. Additionally you don't need the base on the scale "T". Then it will look more like the other two letters.

Daniel, What do you think?

Now lets start looking at the white spaces around our letters and see if we can do a neat trick like FedExminal. Can you see the little white "speed arrow" between the E and the x? Talk about subliminal.

This ain't exclusive. If any of you others want to add, subtract or change please do. Don may have to give us all prizes!

J

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Or if we put the small letters on top of the scale, curve the base upwards a little and replaced the pans with rounder shaped tobacco leaves we could have a subtle smiley face. Hell, we could do a bunch of things. Picking the right ones is the trick.

J

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
If several members collaborate on the design that ultimately wins, all aspects of the collaboration will be recognized....that's only fair. The extent of participation is be weighed and rewards distributed accordingly. This doesn't necessarily mean a single prize will be divided among the collaborators either.

I like the scale idea, but might suggest a little emphasis being placed on "Fair"

View attachment 359or something like that.

im down with that,,,,

because the sacle was my initial creation,,,

thats why i went with a scale,,,,

it clearly signifies the word '' FAIR'' A SCALE DONT LIE<

I Will do more with the scale,, as im sure we are now focused,,, the scale needs to be the center point of the logo,,,,

SO LET'S GET BUSY,,,

this is my nightime work,, it's daytime.so im headed out to do my womans bidding in the yard,,,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
we need to come to a agreement,,,

the scale or the leaf???

ive done both so far,,,,

i personally like the scale but it is FM growit's ultimate call....

perhaps a scale with money in one holder,,, and baccy in the other holder,,,,and the scale showing you get more baccy for your dollar????

i gotta hit the yard,,, tonight my friends tonight,, we shall do some creating<

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I like the tobacco leaf idea. You want someone to just glance at your FTT hat and know instantly its about tobacco.

Better and better -- If the background was an elongated oval shaped like a tobacco leaf then the scale, a (stylized F T T ) could be whatever you guys like.

J

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
This draws on the discussions of a tobacco leaf, an oval, the curved letters and the scale. (Did I leave anybody out?)

Goff_FTT_logo_02.png

Site icons:
Goff_FTT_logo_02_iconStrip.PNG

If anyone wants to play with the leaf background, feel free to copy this and use as you like:
CTBL_WholeLeaf.png
and another
CTBL_WholeLeaf_gold.png

Bob

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Beautiful job Bob. Simple, direct, descriptive. I'm sure the mad ave. boys could do something different but I vote for you. I like the gold leaf.

J

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
tumblr_lzkfjwLqnu1rp2k4lo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lzkfjwLqnu1rp2k4lo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lzkfvuVC0H1rp2k4lo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lzkhd1FzMm1rp2k4lo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lzkhgkkVoW1rp2k4lo1_400.jpg

i like the one with the change in it,,,,,and the baccy is heavier,,,,

it shows you get more baccy for your money,,,

im gonna stop now,,,,,,

those are my entries,,,,

and i like everything ive seen so far,,,{ exept maybe DANIELS hand drawing,,,lol};):eek::)