Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Re: Deluxestogie's Endoskeletal Wood Tobacco Kiln / Flue-cure chamber

Awesome thread Bob!,
    Thanks for sharing this, it's exactly what I was looking for at the moment.

Good to hear that the croc pot produce enough heat to maintain fermentation temps too, I had thought about a heat pad of some description but already have a croc pot so maybe I can just use that too.

I have the fridge I think I mentioned to you and had thought to use this controller here I found on Amazon, no wiring .... it will do the job right?

Andy

The controller that you link to is one with which I am not familiar. And there is nearly no info there on the listing. Does it use a remote sensor, or must the controller be placed inside the kiln? Is 220 volts what you need?

The wiring of the controller that I use (and any similar controllers) is really easy.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Awesome thread Bob!,

I have the fridge I think I mentioned to you and had thought to use this controller here I found on Amazon, no wiring .... it will do the job right?

Andy
    It will. It is very similar to the Ranco Thermostat I have (in 120 volts, assuming you require 220). This one is already wired with an outlet.... buy it!

Awesome thread Bob!,
    Thanks for sharing this, it's exactly what I was looking for at the moment.

Good to hear that the croc pot produce enough heat to maintain fermentation temps too, I had thought about a heat pad of some description but already have a croc pot so maybe I can just use that too.

Andy
    I just built my kiln with an Inkbird controller like that - works great!

I guess we settled that question. Thanks.

Bob

Thank you guys,
    Yes 240v mains over here in blighty......there isn't a whole lot of info on it no, at first glance I thought it had two output sockets as you fitted on your's Bob but one is for a 'cooler' appliance.

I just ordered it so I'll let you know it goes, I appreciate the advice

Sorry, edit just to mention it does have a remote temp sensor on it yes, it's a NTC sensor (I don't know what that is?) on a 6ft lead.

Andy

Sorry, edit just to mention it does have a remote temp sensor on it yes, it's a NTC sensor (I don't know what that is?) on a 6ft lead.
    An NTC sensor is just a fancy way of saying it is a thermistor. A thermistor is basically a resistor that is very sensitive to temperature changes.

JLP - I use an inkbird (I think I bought it on UK amazon) without issue here so it should be fine for you too

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbugdude View Post
    An NTC sensor is just a fancy way of saying it is a thermistor. A thermistor is basically a resistor that is very sensitive to temperature changes.
    Thanks Jitterbugdude, I have to concede defeat when it comes to electronic components, was very interested in my younger years playing with short-wave radio etc but didn't keep it up as a hobby unfortunately. I knew it was the temperature probe but that's all ,

Is that temp controller you have in your kiln an Inkbird 'type' Bob?, I saw Inkbird ones just like it when ordering mine...

Andy

Mine is not branded. The exact model (from several years ago) is no longer available, but is similar to this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10A-110V-Dig...-/141731449329

My line voltage is not 220, but rather 110v. My original controller failed after 2-1/2 years (if I remember correctly), so I purchased two more of the same thing, and currently have the spare waiting for any future fail.

Unlike the Inkbird device, the one that I use needs to be mounted within some sort of box. I used a whittled hole in a cigar box for this.

Bob

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112