Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Back to the way it should be ringanators food supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringanator

Central Alberta and a little about us me and my wife and 3 children have decided to eat our own food we raise our own pork 25 head a year for our selves and family we have a huge garden it is 300 ft x 25 facing east west all day sun this year we are planting 60 corn 101 broccoli 96 cauliflower 100 celery 60 tomato 60 cucumber 16 watermelon and 36 tomato started in the house may long weekend we plant seed of carrots beets sqash beans peas zucchini pumpkins onions lettuce and potatoes we also have a berry patch of raspberry strawberrys and Saskatoon berry.we get a beef every year off the i laws and will be doing our own chickens for meat and eggs as well as turkeys it a lot of work but saves us 500 dollars a week plus it nice to know we're your food comes from also teaches the kid to be self sufficient. I love this way of life would never go back to factory famed food and processed crap.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
It must be nice being invited to dinner at your place. ;) Rabbit and quail don't take up much space and both produce some wonderful white meat.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice. Your kids won't get the point for a few decades.

If you don't have any fruit trees, you might look into dwarf apples, pears, pie cherries and maybe peaches. They begin to produce in 3 to 4 years, and can be spaced only 8 to 12 feet apart.

Good luck on your season.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

Very nice. Your kids won't get the point for a few decades.

If you don't have any fruit trees, you might look into dwarf apples, pears, pie cherries and maybe peaches. They begin to produce in 3 to 4 years, and can be spaced only 8 to 12 feet apart.

Good luck on your season.

Bob

I have an Evan's Cherry. Delicious, rich juice. Great with oatmeal or in pie. Grows well around here.

Edit. If I had the space, I would plant some of these special hybrids my friend got from a professor at the university of Saskatchewan

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
That soil looks good...I bet you got to wash your hands after messing in that soil

Status
Not open for further replies.