Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Canada whole leaf laws

stdly

I opened a sample I received, a Flue Cured VA Double Bright boy does it ever smell good thanks.
I haven't touched raw tobacco since I was a teenager we all worked the tobacco and potato fields in the summer back then.

Here is a pic of the leaf it has some white spots on it.
It looks like maybe sugar or salt not sure I haven't tasted it.
I am wondering what it is?

Steve
White Spots Double Bright VA.jpg

burge

It is nothing. I think it is sugar and quite common in virginia tobacco.

burge

It's not sugar.
White spots on the leaves are also a natural discoloration that is common on cigarette leaves. They occur when the leaf is fully mature, and in many circles, is a farmer's clear sign that the tobacco is ripe and ready to be picked. Some farmers will pick the leaves before the spots occur for aesthetic purposes, but others wait so that the leaf reaches its potential maturity. It is common I had been told it was sugar.

stdly

It is nothing. I think it is sugar and quite common in virginia tobacco.
Thanks that's kinda what it looks like, either way I am OK.
Already smoked some will be a great addition to any blend and nice to get a sample thanks again to WLT.

Wow didn't really realize how much time it takes to process the leaves, having a great time.
I bought a small hand grinder 1.5 mm from WLT works well and perfect size for pipe tobacco.

My wife said I don't get this excited at Christmas I said now you know what to get me for Christmas.

Steve.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

stdly

ChinaVoodoo

It is common I had been told it was sugar.
Well, you were told wrong. Sugar isn't flexible. Sugar would dissolve in the rain. Sugar would taste like sugar. The g.d. hummingbirds would be all over that s#&%t in the field. Randy's crop would be ruined by foraging bears for Pete's sake. And lastly, it would look like sugar.

Last edited: