Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwikeg

Re: What Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today?

Care to share the blend?
Sure
40% Gold Virginia
30% Yellow Twist Bud
30% pressure less perique made from my damaged leaf approx 50/50 Gold Virginia/Hauraki Gold

Layer stripped leaf and press under a 20kg exercise weight. Then slice thinly.

I mucked around with smaller amounts to get the ratio right.

Sid.Stavros

21267380ad29c7353b99e593dc1c8d67b93d700e.jpg

Cornell and Diehl Cordial - Golden Gate [new stem and band].

ChinaVoodoo

Today I smoked brown cavendish which I made by steaming my cigar making scraps in a crockpot for 12 hours . I flavoured 24g of it with 30ml of Krupnik, dried it completely, then rrehydrated with water.

I'm pleased with the tobacco. The krupnik is a honey liqueur with hints of spices. In the tobacco, the sugar content is almost up to aromatic status, but not quite. Any flavour added is very subtle. It's basically a smooth slightly sweet tobacco tasting tobacco.

ArizonaDave

Today I smoked brown cavendish which I made by steaming my cigar making scraps in a crockpot for 12 hours . I flavoured 24g of it with 30ml of Krupnik, dried it completely, then rrehydrated with water.

I'm pleased with the tobacco. The krupnik is a honey liqueur with hints of spices. In the tobacco, the sugar content is almost up to aromatic status, but not quite. Any flavour added is very subtle. It's basically a smooth slightly sweet tobacco tasting tobacco.

Very nice! I do something similar with Rum and just a little vanilla, because vanilla extract can have a bite to it. I'll try the krupnik next time!

ChinaVoodoo

Very nice! I do something similar with Rum and just a little vanilla, because vanilla extract can have a bite to it. I'll try the krupnik next time!

I doubt they're all the same. My vanilla extract has propylene glycol in it. I noticed a bite too. Maybe a better vanilla flavour would come from actually using the bean, or an alcohol extract of the bean?

Status
Not open for further replies.