Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid.Stavros

27220088325bafa17c95873362eac361f034f647.jpg

Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader.

GreenDragon

Wife and I sat outside and experienced a 180 shift in the wind and 5 degree drop in temperature over half an hour. First portent of our upcoming stormy weekend! Smoking home blend "Eponymous" (an English).

IMG_0163.jpg

Sid.Stavros

27229530509c65fd0e4ad19bacdeb163c78ae63f.jpg

Cornell and Diehl Apricots and Cream.

That's a great looking pipe. What bits did you modify?

Thank you sir! (y)
I work with the factory mouthpiece or i change it with another one from Jansen or replace it from another pipe that will fit to this pipe. I add a band or a ring according to each pipe if it' will make it look better. My ''goal'' for each project is to make the pipe more ''smokeable'' and looking pretty so each pipe is ''unique''.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Cornell and Diehl Apricots and Cream.
Any member who has read my constant disparagement of aromatic tobaccos may be surprised by the following: I truly enjoy C&D Apricots and Cream, as well as C&D Berries and Cream. These simply taste lovely, rather than tasting like fruit or cream. C&D's Craig Tarler found the perfect, subliminal dosing of these flavors that sparks happy feelings, without triggering recognition of a food.

Bob

GreenDragon

Any member who has read my constant disparagement of aromatic tobaccos may be surprised by the following: I truly enjoy C&D Apricots and Cream, as well as C&D Berries and Cream. These simply taste lovely, rather than tasting like fruit or cream. C&D's Craig Tarler found the perfect, subliminal dosing of these flavors that sparks happy feelings, without triggering recognition of a food.

Bob

Who is this and what have you done to Bob!?!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The reason I mentioned the Apricots and Cream, etc. is that it sounds genuinely awful--to me--for a pipe tobacco. (Sounds excellent for an instant oatmeal.) Another plus for C&D is that, even though they too adulterate their tobacco with polypropylene glycol, the amount used is so low that C&D tobacco can actually dry out if you allow it to.

Bob

GreenDragon

The reason I mentioned the Apricots and Cream, etc. is that it sounds genuinely awful--to me--for a pipe tobacco. (Sounds excellent for an instant oatmeal.) Another plus for C&D is that, even though they too adulterate their tobacco with polypropylene glycol, the amount used is so low that C&D tobacco can actually dry out if you allow it to.

Bob

That's good to know - I will have to give it a try. (As you mention, the combination does not sound like it would be a good match for tobacco.) I just made an order for a few C&D blends to try out as I like Burleys and they seem to specialize in Burley blends. Unfortunately, this one missed out making the cart. :)

Last night's after dinner pipes: dedicated cobs for Blood Red Moon and Plum Pudding.

IMG_0169.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20190413_4223_pipe_Stanwell_inTheGrass_700.jpg

I'm taking a break with my Red Train blend. I've been sawing log deadfalls with a bow saw, and pruning branches. Some of this is still too big to carry, so I snare it with a rope, tie it to my lawn tractor, and tow it to the brush pile. That Stanwell pipe sure seems heavier than I recall. [I may have a blistered palm on Sunday.]

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.