Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid.Stavros

1663939jzqlp2m6am.gif

Happy 1st of May, greetings to all of you!

272755713eceb682d219e358c7cd5a002a4d5894.jpg

Peter Stokkebye Sweet Vanilla.

Sid.Stavros

In 1946 he was invited by the organizers of the 50th Boston Marathon. He decides to take part, although he has been absent from sporting activities for a long time.
The Boston Marathon was one of the most difficult of the time. The ''favori'' for the race of 1946 was the English Kenneth Bailey and the American (winner of the previous year) Johnny Kelly. Nobody counted the suffering from the hunger of the German Occupation of Greece (1941-45) weak Stelios Kyriakidis.
Kyriakides was determined to run and nothing could stop him. He signs a responsible statement that he is aware of the danger and is preparing for the Marathon but even the doctors had objections to his participation while the newspapers ironically called him: "the skinny Greek".
It started slowly and in the middle of the route it accelerated. Because he had not run a marathon run for more than six years he started making a power saving until midway through. And somewhere there is what he feels it has the strength to achieve its goal. He passed one athlete after another. It ran for all the Greeks and the victory was one-way for him!
Just a few miles before the end, Kyriakides listens to a Greek who calls out to him: "For Greece, my Stelios. For your children. "
His words put wings on his feet. He picks up all his physical reserves, passes champion Johnny Kelly and finishes first shouting: "For Greece". His time was 2:29:27
When Johnny Kelly was asked "how did he lose from this skinny Greek?", He replied: "Only me lost? No one was able to win it. I was running for myself and he was running for a whole Nation."

2727864379740b28ee05bffcb8bd8690e6e5e6dd.jpg

[Note the pipe smoker on the right side of the finish-line]

I am smoking 4noggins Double Fantasy, double espresso plus cool water beside me.

CobGuy

I've been smoking Daughters and Ryan Two Timer for the last few days and really enjoying it.
If you are a fan of simple, straight-forward Burley then this one will fit the bill.

~Darin

Sid.Stavros

In my pipe is Cornell and Diehl Speakeasy and in my glass is Campari Bitter.
f010.gif

Kompoloi for Cafe MUST have balance, if does not you can not swirling it properly and you became a "Ridicule'' and you will disgrace the item. If your Kompoloi is handmade you make it according to your palm, first you count and then you choose the number of the beads and NEVER in double number as 22,24,26 etc so always must be 19,21,23,25 etc. There is a specific reason for this: 1 bead in the back, 5+5=10 on the one side of your palm, 4+4=8 on the other side and the tassel on the other end. The tassel is inside a bead or a silver cup etc which gives weight, so totally we have 19 beads in that case and the tassel compensate the weight of the first bead.
When you swirl the Kompoloi you hold the 10+1 beads in your hand the 8+tassel will come towards to you but the length of the tassel gives to the swirl a small delay. When you hold the 8 beads+tassel the 10+1 beads will come to you fast due to their weight so when someone look at you sees: a small delay but the tassel covers it with a charm move and the stronger sound from the 10+1 combination. If you do it some times the repetitions gives a nice looking and sound result.
If you point your finger index with Kompoloi ''cut'' in the middle: on the A side is the length of the tassel in the end and the charm moving and on the B side is the extra weight but the stronger sound so all these create a deceive that both sides are equal.
Ssss Tak...Ssss Tak and the time is passing nice and easy. ;)

Sid.Stavros

Arun

I'll bet that you could make some wonderful strings of beads using nothing but the stock rods of different pipe bit materials. Do they always have exactly 22 beads?

Bob
In order for a kompoloi to be functional as a toy, they should consist of an odd number of beads, with a sum always equal to a modulus of four, plus one. So functional kompolois are only those with (4x4)+1=17, or (5x4)+1=21 etc beads.

https://www.greekmarket.com/worrybeads.html

Sid.Stavros

27295147645085ff75e19ca28206c6cf7b23bd1f.jpg

Benjamin Hartwell Signature blend.

@GreenDragon : yes everything straight , no water-cola-soda in otherwise i would said it. I don't like for example whisky+cola+ice cube together.
@deluxestogie : you can make a Kompoloi with 22,24,30 beads but this will not be functional in swirling because it would not have balance. That kind of Kompoloi is only for keep it hanging from your hand and let one by one the bead to fall after you rub it a little bit.
See an example, usually in islands the Navy guys have Kompoloi like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrqpSk9Ggds

You can not swirl this one because it's heavy, this is for your home mainly. If you play it in a Cafe it's a little bit ''show-off" job :giggle:.

Status
Not open for further replies.